How much can I do with Blender right now?

Bit vague, but I’ve been trying to find out the potential limit of what I can do with Blender on my currently unmodified computer. I’m using a Windows 7 Home Premium, and I’m trying to get an idea of how much I can do without upgrading my computer.

Currently, once I get a handle of the system and know what I’m doing, I hope to begin trying to create some characters [not ultra realistic or detailed, but still decent quality designs] and incorporate them into live action footage. Does that seem within the capabilities of my computer at this time?

It’s going to be hard to determine what your system can do if we don’t know what your system is. At the very least you need to tell us what your CPU is, how much memory is installed, and what kind of graphics card you have. From the sound of it, it appears that what you want to do could be handled by just about any system out there. But we need more information to be sure. :slight_smile:

as an operating system home premium will be fine, it allows upto 16gb of ram which is plenty if your pc can handle that amouunt of upgrades ( my pc only supports 8gb regardless of the OS) if you’r using an older pc then it is likely that your playback may suffer from a birt of slowdown depending on your scene complexity but unless your using something archaic like a pentium 2 then your pc should be able to run blender for what you need it for

if u can update to the free Win 10
it might help and give you all the latest features for win
and no problems with blender

now if you have a Big video card for instance GE Cuda
you would be able to use the GPU option in Blender
and it is much faster !

happy bl

This is what I have on the computer;
Pavilion p7-1126s PC
6 GB DDR3 system memory
AMD Radeon HD 6550D
1 terabyte hard drive