How much do you need to edit a model to be yours?

That is adorable.

Not far to look for - while i could not find a direct patent of the Default Cube (i still feel there should be one; we do have mouse click patented, don’t we?) - season it with handful of Atom’s patented vertices and run to the Office: http://www.google.com/patents/US3450592

If you have time (and resources ;)) try to model (from ground up, using CCNA image references only) some great Lambo, Porsche or Chevy model like we see here on forum and stick it into crazy addictive well selling YOUR game. If you’re more like into Arts, substitute cars and process by some celebrity’s 3D prints for sale.
GL

@ OP: put some effort into finding the origins of the model and shoot message to Author… if you can’t really come up with your own model after disassembling one at hands. There are Web services to support such inquiries.

Patenting interface stuff didn’t work at Xerox Park, so probably not. :slight_smile:

Gates and The Steve both admitted in later years ripping off all the windowing, mouse, etc. interface stuff from Xerox. No one ever managed to stop them.

Only as much as it wont be recognized as a copy from another model. Personally I like to model everything from scratch, I don’t even use my own previous models. But then again 3D is just a hobby for me. You can possibly be more productive using ready models and edit them to look convincing enough.

I have no more idea about that. I think, firstly you must include your name as well.