How much is my computer worth?

Hi all! I am thinking about selling my computer and I was wondering how much I can get out of it. Please only correct estimates. Thanks!

Specs.

3.2 GHz Dual Care 4 MB L2. Pentium D
Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT
MSI 975X Platium PowerUp Edition (HD Audio)
4 GB of Ram 667 MHz
360 GB of HD Space SATA
CD/DVD Writer SATA
Microsoft Windows XP Pro.

I’ve been running the computer now for only eight months and the Mother Board and a HD for only 3 to 4 months!

300 Bucks…

Wait that’s XP pro

Better make that 400.

Check Craigslist or eBay.

Yeah - it all depends on how much the buyer is willing to pay for it. Having it on the open market may get you a good estimate.

Thanks for the info guys! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink: :smiley:

Like-New parts, still used:

3.2 GHz Dual C_O_re 4 MB L2. Pentium D - 30USD
Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT - 30 USD
MSI 975X Platium PowerUp Edition (HD Audio) - 40USD
4 GB of Ram 667 MHz - ddr2 i assume, so it still depends if 22 or 41 but they get already rare… so ~45 USD
360 GB of HD Space SATA - a 500GiB is 80 bucks new, so ~30 USD
CD/DVD Writer SATA ~ 30 USD

~200 USD

Microsoft Windows XP Pro.
You are only allowed to sell Systembuilder Versions of XP for all other Versions accodring to the EULA you also sell personal support. Well no one cares, but its a legal term :slight_smile: Is it XP64 because u got 4 GiB ram? If so its worth about 161USD new. I recently bought a xp64 license and its 109Euro(161USD)

Actually the selling part of XP depends greatly on the location you are selling it. Here in Germany there are Courtrulings stating that it is perfectly legal to sell bundled versions as well (known as OEM versions). The EULA of Microsoft does not apply in this case! IANAL

Back on topic! One thing is sure by the time you read this your equipement is worth 10$ less.

That’s true. Selling your pc is a real waste of money. unless you happen to be desparate for the cash, I’m sure the pc is of more use to you than the few bucks you can get for it.

Yea I guess ur right…Idk ill see from here…lol

Well, hell, it’s got more horsepower than the old box I’m running. If you’re in the LA area, I’ll give you $200 for it.

I bought a new computer recently, and thought about selling my old one. I opted to network it to my new one, so that I don’t clutter this one up, and I can render etc on one, and use the other one for whatever. I also have a screen/mouse/keyboard switcher so that I can use both pc’s with the same things.

Yeah, that’s waht I do too. I use distributed rendering, thus my old pcs just add some horsepower.
I’ve still got two old AMD3000 / 32bit pcs on my lan. I can sell them for next to nothing, but they still help render quite well. In fact, one is in my lounge, connected to the tv, and doubles up as a multi-media machine.

Neo doesn’t know how his computer worth?
ask Mr. Anderson