How to add an IPO Anim into a NLA strip?

Ok what I want to do is that my character move an object(cube) I have the move in the action editor (Arms moving)… and I use the NLA, add strip, but the cube is not in the NLA strip… so How can I add it to the action… I have to move this cube several times? how can I add the IPO rotation of the cube into the NLA strip?
I did the introduction of character animation from blender (wiki section)(The one that at the end it says hello world) … Is there another good tutorials so I can learn more how to make more complex animations?

Cube and the Character the same object?

No the character is a different object with armature… and he is going to move a object (but I need to repeat that movement several times)

One way is to ‘rig’ the cube into your character’s armature. Just create a bone within your character called cube, and skin the cube to that. This will also allow you to make modifications to the cube, without worrying about the changing pivot point, etc.

Ok Thanks that works perfect!.. Last minute question Can I join the action animation with a sound? So when I move it into the NLA it would always play the same sound when it moves?

Glad it worked.

As far as sound syncing goes, I don’t think there’s a way. Personally I think
there should be. Like a constraint for a strip or something.

If your tweaking an animation and the sound would change, I guess just have the sequence editor open, as well as your usual NLA/Animation window, to make it a bit easier.

Technically if you want to add an object into an action you can hit the “drowning man/shark victim” icon in the IPO header and the object will be added to the active action … Though assigning it to a bone obviously works too … But if you already have keys assigned to the object and have the armature interact with it, you have this option …

Though assigning it to a bone obviously works too … But if you already have keys assigned to the object and have the armature interact with it, you have this option …

Good point. That’s an all-around easier way of doing it too, even if there isn’t animation on it.

Actually VertexPusher, I’m trying your afformentioned method right now.

I have an armature, with an action linked to it. I’m trying to put a camera, and an empty into the armature’s presently assigned action.

I can get the empty into the assigned action, but it appears as ‘Object’ in the Action Editor. So I try and do the same for the camera, but something funny happens. The empty’s IPO gets assigned to the camera as well.
So I try and create a single-user copy of that IPO for the camera, but now the EMPTY is assigned to this as well! The only way I can get seperate IPO’s for the camera and Empty is for one of them to be excluded from the action.

While I like the simplicity of your technique, I can’t get more than one object into the armature action.
What’s going on?

Well this isn’t “my technique” in the first place … it’s a feature which apparently isn’t developed enough to handle multiple objects and their respective IPOs … Which begs the question of why there is an IK target to an empty option since you can only add one of them into an action currently …

I guess it’s using the “assign a bone” way if you need more then one object to include in an action until someone decides this feature needs more work …