how to align points between points

Hello, I’m trying to smooth a path I got form a gps log with XYZ. Since Z bumps the path all over the place. It doesn’t make a smooth path. But I can see a pattern in all of this to where it wants to go. At the moment I’m using another bezier with less points to mark the high and low points and get a smooth Z and adding the curve points after by subdividing it. Is there a better way of doing this, that I don’t know of, like a tool for alignment? Can’t find anything on google that seams relavent to what I’m doing.

can you show some pics to better understand what you mean !

there is a smooth curve script
but not certain if you can use it !

why is z so wild ?

are you using an import script
where you could modify the Z values may be ?

thanks
happy bl

The red bumps up and down due to inaccuracy of gps. So I model the green after the red trying to get the average height. And then I’m done with the height I will model the green after the reds xy

find the curve simplify in addons
might help

also there is another script where you select 2 points far away and align all the other points in between in straight line
but not certain if it is what you want

another way would be to dissolve verts

happy bl

Where do I get that script? Simplify might work aswell or might a combination of the two.
Thanks for the help so far :slight_smile:

Simplify
search addons for curve simplify
last one in curves script

try to find in wiki how to use
there is a link in addons doc to get it

did u try the dissolve verts ?

try to upload small sample file if you can

happy bl

I was thinking about this “select 2 points far away and align all the other points in between in straight line” Allready found simplify in the addon list

So playing around in frustration, I tried the smooth option on the curve and it did a very good job after a few clicks the line keept the height with in accepted margin and smoothed the worse bumps away. But it took the xy axes as well not really what I wanted but this makes my work a lot easier :slight_smile:

there is a script as I said to align in line between 2 points in space

align points - ends
StraightenPlus addon

http://www.ewocprojects.be/scripts.html

happy bl