How to assign actions to object per scene?

How to assign actions to object per scene? I want to have an object, that has assign different animation over different scenes. I’m not able to do this, I am seriusly surprised.
Maybe it just can not be done and I need to post it as suggestion on rightclickselect?

After no response from stackexchange,
https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/231232/how-to-use-different-actions-with-the-same-object-over-linked-scenes

I made video showing my case : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EjcEiGQUzw

And here’s just a drawing showing the needed behaviour.

Please Help!

Is the car to only moving part?
Personally I would
On one sceen create two collections, car and background… make sure car is at woulrd centre.
On the first and second scenes, link both car and background collections.

But you should be able to create the first scene, link everything in the sectiond scene, then select the car empty, in the object properties lick the unlink button next to the object title, delete the action and create a new one.

After you have your actions made…Take Actions in the Action Editor…Press the PUSH-DOWN icon for each…( you are still in Scene 1 ).
Switch to NLA editor…
Make a New Full Copy Scene… Scene 02

In scene 02 … uncheck action 01…action 02 will be checked
In Scene 01 … uncheck action 02 …action 01 will be checked
This places and activates the actions in there own scene…
Cube-Action.blend (827.1 KB)

There’s a different Cube with different Mesh on second scene, that’s the problem, that’s my point.

If I would like to change the Cube on Scene1 it woudn’t change on Scene2.

I know that I can sign to object “Cube.001” mesh “Cube”…
But imagine that I would like to have 10 scenes with car (many animated pieaces of car), and if client will need a new object in the car, let’s say rearview mirror, I would need to carefully places new object on all the scenes, parenting on every scene to Empties “Car1” “Car2”… (because of many scenes, in this way it would need many versions of the same Empty "Car) and then assiging the same mesh to all new objects that will be rearview mirrors when modeled.

That’t my point, it’s incovinient AF. And also I don’t want “rearviewmirror_scene16” name :smiley:

In the end it will be many animated parts.

But you should be able to create the first scene, link everything in the sectiond scene, then select the car empty, in the object properties lick the unlink button next to the object title, delete the action and create a new one.

Well I tried, but something’s broken, or I don’t know… It deletes assigned actions for all scenes… Maybe I miss something. Can You send screens with instructions if you’ll get it work? It would be very helpfull, not only for me, but I guess for other people too.