I know there’s plenty of threads like this but none of them included any information about baking textures with transparency (or at least I couldn’t find one). On the screen below I have 3 cubes with different materials which I want to bake atlas from, where the middle one uses transparency which is not included in normal baking. How can I add that transparency to the baking process? Here’s what I’m doing so far:
- Attach textures to each cube
- Use the Texture Image with transparency on the middle one in the alpha channel and then set the Blend Mode to Alpha Clip
- Create a second UV channel for each of them to bake
- Unwrap all the cubes with Smart UV Project
- Create a new Image for baking purposes and with Alpha channel checked
- Create a Texture node that I want to bake them to and set it to each of the cubes
- Bake in Cycles with Diffuse Bake Type and only Color selected in the Contributions.
This process allows me to bake the atlas but it doesn’t include the alpha inside of the texture… How can I make it transparent?
I’m really scratching my head hard over this one as I couldn’t find any tutorial which includes the transparency baking…