How to build Blender 2.93 alpha on Ubuntu 18.04?

Hi! I tried: git checkout blender-v2.93, git checkout blender-v2.93-master and terminal said that branch isn’t exist. Previously this way was works for me on 2.83, 2.90 versions. How actually I can learn valide name of unreleased branch like this one and compile it?

Btwn, for Ubuntu 18.04 I need gcc v9 - I know that.

Hi.
git checkout master

Development version does not have its own branch until it is in release candidate state. So it lives in master branch.

To see available branches:
git branch -r

To search with keyword in available branches:
git branch -r | grep -i KEYWORD_HERE

Edit:
Just in case you are not aware of this. Official builds are portable builds, you don’t need to compile and it should work by extracting the file to a new folder and running “blender” file there:

Thank you! But I stumble on error after compilation

../../lib/libbf_intern_eigen.a(linear_solver.cc.o):linear_solver.cc:function Eigen::inter
nal::sparse_time_dense_product_impl<Eigen::Transpose<Eigen::SparseMatrix<double, 0, int>
>, Eigen::Matrix<double, -1, 1, 0, -1, 1>, Eigen::Matrix<double, -1, 1, 0, -1, 1>, double
, 1, true>::run(Eigen::Transpose<Eigen::SparseMatrix<double, 0, int> > const&, Eigen::Mat
rix<double, -1, 1, 0, -1, 1> const&, Eigen::Matrix<double, -1, 1, 0, -1, 1>&, double cons
t&) [clone ._omp_fn.0]: error: undefined reference to 'GOMP_loop_nonmonotonic_dynamic_sta
rt'
../../lib/libbf_intern_eigen.a(linear_solver.cc.o):linear_solver.cc:function Eigen::inter
nal::sparse_time_dense_product_impl<Eigen::Transpose<Eigen::SparseMatrix<double, 0, int>
>, Eigen::Matrix<double, -1, 1, 0, -1, 1>, Eigen::Matrix<double, -1, 1, 0, -1, 1>, double
, 1, true>::run(Eigen::Transpose<Eigen::SparseMatrix<double, 0, int> > const&, Eigen::Mat
rix<double, -1, 1, 0, -1, 1> const&, Eigen::Matrix<double, -1, 1, 0, -1, 1>&, double cons
t&) [clone ._omp_fn.0]: error: undefined reference to 'GOMP_loop_nonmonotonic_dynamic_nex
t'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/build.make:576: recipe for target 'bin/blender' fai
led
make[3]: *** [bin/blender] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:8646: recipe for target 'source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/all'
failed
make[2]: *** [source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:162: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
GNUmakefile:334: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Maybe you know why is this happen?

Yeah, I know that) But I wanted automate it as much as possible and I don’t wanna to download and delete archive every time. Just simple sh script to automate it. But with new versions of Blender I stumbled with many issues - I was upgrade python and gcc for that case and still receive errors…

I’m not sure if you are using precompiled libraries build method, which is recommended (blender manual instructions). I recommend that if you don’t find the solution by googling with the error message that you get, you ask the question here: