How to call view3d.select_circle operator in my own operator?

I bind a hotkey ‘U’ to view3d.select_circle and it works well. but call view3d.select_circle from my operator can not change select tool, just unselect mesh and objects.
What is the right way to call view3d.select_circle in my operator?

class VIEW3D_OT_UnselectSelect(bpy.types.Operator):
    """Unselect all then change select tool"""
    bl_idname = "zh_object.unselect_select"
    bl_label = "Circle"
    bl_options = {'REGISTER', 'UNDO'}

def execute(self, context):
        bpy.ops.view3d.select_circle()

return {'FINISHED'}

def register():
    bpy.utils.register_class(VIEW3D_OT_UnselectSelect)
    wm = bpy.context.window_manager

km = wm.keyconfigs.addon.keymaps.new(name="3D View", space_type="VIEW_3D")
    kmi = km.keymap_items.new('zh_object.unselect_select', 'C', 'CLICK')
    #kmi.properties.name = ''
    kmi.active = True

km = wm.keyconfigs.addon.keymaps.new(name="3D View", space_type="VIEW_3D")
    kmi = km.keymap_items.new('view3d.select_circle', 'U', 'CLICK')
    #kmi.properties.name = ''
    kmi.active = True

bpy.ops.view3d.select_circle(‘INVOKE_DEFAULT’)

1 Like

Thanks, that helps a lot. Can I find this from API reference?
Thi api I found from reference page is
bpy.ops.view3d.select_circle(x=0, y=0, radius=25, wait_for_input=True, mode='SET'), and it doesn’t mention ‘INVOKE_DEFAULT’ at all.

Yes, it’s a general bpy.ops thing (kind of like context overrides, if you’re familiar with those), so there won’t be any mention of it in individual operator documentation.

https://docs.blender.org/api/current/bpy.ops.html?highlight=invoke_default#execution-context

The docs mention this but it’s worth re-iterating, the default execution context when calling an operator from a script is EXEC_DEFAULT, which as the name implies calls the execute function (which has no event, and thus- no mouse position). INVOKE_DEFAULT will tell it to call the invoke function, assuming there is one- that way you have an event, and a mouse position.

Thanks for your reply. I do read this document, but it didn’t left a footprint for a beginner of python and blender api. This vivid use case will bring better understand of it. I am not sure if you can get my English, hahahahaha