How to change ambient rgb of a material within Blender (for POV-ray)?

Hi. I’m working on an animation project and I’d to use Blender in conjunction with POV-Ray (as the renderer ). Blender’s POV Ray plugin is generally very accurate but there is one thing that I’d like to be able to change within Blender for POV Ray: The ambient rgb(ambient color.)

Blender uses a single number between 0 and 1 for the ambient rgb which means it can only use grayscale values as the ambient color/ambient rgb values. So, if wanted to say, create an orange sphere with blue-tinted shaded areas+shadows (both self and ones cast by other objects) I could not. I could always manually edit the ambient rgb values in the .pov file Blender generates, but for an animation(what I’m doing) some form of automation is pretty much imparitive( for the sake of time if nothing else).

Now, there is the Custom-POV code option in but it has serious problem: The “Custom POV Code” supposedly replaces with properties of the material with your own POV-Ray code. This works well enough for normal materials, but when image maps/UV mapping is used, the custom POV-Ray code essentially makes whatever changes made in the “Texture tab” of Blender null and void and this reflects in the texture section of the .pov file Blender generates.

How the texture section normally looks:

#declare MAT_Material_001 =
texture{
pigment {
pigment_pattern {
uv_mapping image_map{png “C:/Users/MYPC/Documents/alpha_map.png” map_type 0 interpolate 2 }scale <1,1,1> translate <0,0,0>}
pigment_map {
[0 color rgbft<0,0,0,1,1>]
[1 uv_mapping image_map {png “C:/Users/MYPC/Documents/diffuse_map.png” map_type 0 interpolate 2 } scale <1,1,1> translate <0,0,0>]
}
}
finish {shader_Material_001}
pigment {pigment_pattern {uv_mapping image_map{png “C:/Users/MYPC/Documents/alpha_map.png” map_type 0 interpolate 2 }scale <1,1,1> translate <0,0,0>}
pigment_map {
[0 color rgbft<0,0,0,1,1>]
[1 uv_mapping image_map {png “C:/Users/MYPC/Documents/diffuse_map.png” map_type 0 interpolate 2 } scale <1,1,1> translate <0,0,0>]
}
}
finish {shader_Material_001}
}
texture_list {
texture{MAT_Material_001}
}

But when using “Custom POV-Ray code” in the materials tab of Blender
it becomes… this:

#declare MAT_Material_001 =
texture{
finish { brilliance 1.8 phong 0.5 phong_size 25.2 diffuse 0.8 0 ambient rgb <3,0.2,0.2> emission 0 conserve_energy }
}
texture_list {
texture{finish { brilliance 1.8 phong 0.5 phong_size 25.2 diffuse 0.8 0 ambient rgb <3,0.2,0.2> emission 0 conserve_energy }}
}
face_indices {

…So that’s out.

What do you think I should do to allow Blender to edit the three ambient rgb values of material without affecting thee texture map section? Would this involve modifying Blender’s material editor to have three “sliders” for ambient RGB colors?

Thanks in advance.

Bump… due to no replies.