How to change primitive parameters after transformation?

Hello, I found this feature super useful in Maya, but it seems that Blender lacks it: when I create a primitive in Blender a window popups where I can modify it, but if I transform the primitive (move, resize or scale) the windows disappears. Is there a plug-in or something to fix this? Do the devs have plans to fix it?

Once that initial window is gone, that’s it unfortunately. I generally keep the initial parameters as low as I think will work for whatever purpose I have in mind and let modifiers do the rest.

Blender does not keep an editable history of actions/operators. This has been asked recently a number of times and can probably be found by searching. No worries though, I’m saying this for any future questions you may have.

There’s a project underway to make most of Blender procedural, the “everything nodes project”.

1 Like

There was a plugin available for Blender 2.79 that added primitives that remained editable after transforms. You could add a regular box, or what the plugin called a “w-box” that looked like a regular box. You still couldn’t edit the regular box, but the w-box parameters were fair game.

I don’t remember the name of the plugin or if it’s been updated.

1 Like

I know what you are talking about. I can’t for the life of me remember the name or find it anywhere online either!

Found it. It’s called Wonder Mesh. No idea if the author is updating it.

Why devs don’t do this feature? It’s super-puper useful as for me.

They do, it’s called everything nodes and it’s wip