How to come up with a unique idea?

I want to design something that no one else has done. With millions of projects out there, it’s nearly impossible to find something no one has designed yet in Blender. What’s the best way to come up with something that few people have done that is unique to the community? I just don’t want to do things that are saturated in the market.

Thanks,

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/0/05/TheHomer.png/revision/latest?cb=20090908145331

What’s the best way to come up with something that few people have done that is unique to the community?

Does it really have to be the best way? Also, why limit yourself to this community? All you people have in common is that you happen to use one piece of software.

I just don’t want to do things that are saturated in the market.

What market? There’s not really a market for original Blender artwork.

Truly original ideas are not actually demanded in the “market”, anyway. For something to appeal to people, it has to build on something they can relate to in some way. You can just add a twist on something that already exists.

Or maybe you could do… Ghost Mutt.

No design is unique. It is mainly game of perseverance, opportunity and chance.
Unless you have liaisons that are willingly accepting double $tandard$.

Ok that’s a bit harsh.

With millions of projects, making something that contains no similarity whatsoever to any element in another work would be just about impossible.

Even more so when you look at all of the artistic projects done throughout history, the only difference is that some subjects tend to get done far less through the medium of CG than others.

Don’t try to be unique and original, because odds are if you can think of it, at least 50 guys have already beat you to it. Instead, just try and focus on creating something good, and 9 times out of 10, people won’t even care if its original or not. If you want to try and separate yourself from what has been done to death so far, then you should instead try to target a more niche category. For example, a lot of 3D modelers (I’d guess about at least half) tend to focus on photo realism, so you could venture towards NPR works and tackle a more specific audience. Or while a lot of people tend to do still poses, you could venture into animation.

Sorry to burst your bubble…

A concept is an abstract idea representing the fundamental characteristics of what it represents. Concepts arise as abstractions or generalisations from experience or the result of a transformation of existing ideas.
Please, continue at - source -

good artists borrow (copy), great artists steal.”
It’s been chewed over and over. And that’s only in this media-boom century… From Pablo Picasso to Steve Jobs.

Well … if you can, you can be sure that it will be imitated.
Cracked or Hacked … sad but true.
cheers.

Or just combine something no one did. Ever heard of the link method of learning lists of things, try it, it will give you a s… ton of very uniq ideas. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemonic_link_system