How to convert musical MIDI file to 3D animation in Blender (My first try)

Python script and some mouse click later : Project MIDI to Blender (Take5)
Musical MIDI file to Blender

https://docouatzat.com/2019/08/18/project-midi-to-blender/

2 Likes

Very nice :slight_smile:

I have been thinking to do it for a long time, but never had time.
I wanted to do animations similar to Animusic ones :
“Pipe Dream” :

“Resonant Chamber” :

By the way, maybe you don’t know about a cool feature in Blender for mixing Music and any other params, it’s the “Bake sound to F-curve” function, wich allows to compute curve from sound, by filtering a precise range of frequencies. It’s very handy for creating some Peek Meter animation , etc…
For example, animating the array number to create a LEDS peek meter is very easy…

See you :slight_smile: ++
Tricotou

1 Like

Hello and thx.

And thx again for ANIMUSIC a very impressive animation from music. I can’t figure how it’s made. With blender ?

I know about blender feature for decompose music audio. And I use something equiv from the add-on Animation Node. On my other youtube channel entirely made with Blender. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR9mmTdwHmupEKgNSIbwBhQ (in french appart episode 3)

But audio analysis is less accurate than MIDI data to move object and made react between them. Maybe later when MIDI auto-pilot is done, I will think to how can I add audio infos in the animation mixing with MIDI.
I work on MIDI to blender only from 1 month. I’m relatively comfortable with python but I do will learn much from blender. My objective is to provide something like an add’on. But for now, I do work much harder to obtain something great.

Sorry for the syntax. The English are not my natural language. But I think you guess it before.
See you
Patrick (Docouatzat)

@Tricotou, I hear you and I work hard to propose this new vizualisation.

Second part here :slight_smile:

Using my script XM file import in Video Sequence Editor. Sort images by XM notes.