How to cull backface while in wireframe mode?

Not to be confused by the wire mode in edit mode which is very useful indeed.

In shading drop down list, if wireframe is selected, you see the full wireframe of your model, this is objectively correct to its naming convention but not very useful, in 3DS Max, since wireframe view have only the front facing polygon’s wireframe visible, this is useful during modeling instead of that “here’s everything back and front” blender approach.

Anyone knows how to backface cull wireframe view ?

Which version of Blender?

2.79b is the version.

In wireframe mode on Blender, there is no way to cull the back faces, I believe this is due to the OpenGL version that Blender 2.79 uses. Blender 2.8 you can. With backface culling selected in 2.79, it will display only the front facing polygons while viewing in one of the solid modes. It seems that what you are looking for is a hidden wiremode where the wires that are behind objects are obstructed, which is not possible in 2.79.

Why would you want cull something that is already culled? :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you talking about occluding back faces so you don’t see the backside while in wireframe mode? Hidden Wire in Shading panel in viewport does that.

Since I wouldn’t be upgrading to 2.8 for modeling, looks like this sucks.
I will only be using 2.8 for eevee rendering.

So, is it possible to select only frontfaces through backfaces in 2.8? I’m using 2.8 Beta, and I need to model some interior. I created simple cube and inverted its faces, turned on Backface Culling in Overlays, but I can still select only backfaced polygons that are in front. How can I achieve needed result in 2.8?

Backface culling in this case is basically making the back face transparent so you can see through them rather than having the double sided look. To select through, you would have to be in wireframe mode.