How to disconnect elements?

I have two elements the workspace that seem to be “connected.” Even when everything is deselected, if I apply one texture to one object, it automatically gets applied to the other. Same with color or other such attributes. How do I stop this from happening??
Thanks!
~Terri

Did you click the little number that shows the number of users for the material and make it single user?

How would I specify the number of users. Looking at the ‘Texture’ palette, but do not see this option. (Have only being working with Blender for a short time!)
Thanks!
~Terri

Found out how to change the number of users, but this still has not fixed the problem.
Also, how do you delete textures from the list?
~Terri

I’m new to Blender too :slight_smile: Think this may help (I hope)

Select the seperate elements and hit P to seperate them - you can then add materials etc to each individual object

Select the texture you want then hit clear

Attachments

Ooooh…so simple! (But I guess not to a newbie…especially one that’s new to 3D modeling, as well!) Thanks on both counts!

Just read this tutorial I think you should have a look at - multiple materials to single mesh :slight_smile:
Again, learn something new everyday yay!!

http://feeblemind.tuxfamily.org/dotclear/index.php/2004/12/21/5-blender-indices-materiau---material-indice

Oooh, thank you, JinJ! This has been bookmarked in my ‘Blender’ folder (you can imagine its becoming quite full!)…sure this will come in handy!