How to find the shortcut I want to change?

Hello, Im new to blender and I like the fact that it is customizable in many ways, but Im having troubles changing some shortcuts… for example, To change the “viewport Shading” shortcut from “z” to “.”, but I just cant find it in the preferencies/imput dialog box, and I have tried to use the search option but always it shows no result…

by the way I wanted to change the “vertex/edge/face modes” to the keys 1, 2, 3, I did it by bringing the menu with “ctrl+tab” and then right click in vertex then “add shortcut” and then pressing one… and then so on with the others. The first time it worked but then i closed blender and reopen it, then my shortcuts were gone… so I did it again and It didn work the same way, this time when I assigned a shortcut it put it the same shortcut to all three and didn´t let me to change the others… so my question is how does that work? I cant find an answer in the reference… If someone could point me to knowlege in how to customize shortcuts and interface in blender would be nice…

Thanks

I’m thinking maybe this link could be helpful for youhttp://www.foreverblender.com/2010/10/create-your-own-keyconfig-presets.html
cheers
chapel

I never found it and even reported that as a bug, I want to have undo on z…

Viewport Shading - Z
Look under 3D View / 3D View (Global). Scroll about halfway down until you see Keyboard Z as the shortcut on the right of the window. The operation it affects is called ‘Context Toggle Values’. Expand it to change what this affects.

For Undo, just search for Undo or look under Screen / Screen (Global)

Context Toggle Values… That’s why I couldn’t find it by searching… Thanks a lot!

Thanks A lot guys… Chape, sim88, Richard Marklew… I have found some useful tutorials and materials to change the user interface… you can see this here: http://cgcookie.com/blender/2010/05/17/custom-hot-keys/#comment-58743 and here is “map key” of maya… (add the www.) " blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?226456-Super-quot-Maya-Style-quot-Keymaps-Now-with-Bmesh-Knife-support., but still I want to customize more things on blender…

One thing I’d like to do is to click in a blank space within the viewport and it deselects the geometry, I know that is possible because when I apply the “maya” keymap it works in that way… but i dont know how to change that…

What I’m trying to do is to make a “key map” similar to 3ds max but having the advantages blender adds. Thanks guys!!!