How to fix this model ?

Hello,

I have been provided with a “WIP” model of 3d printer which I have to finish and animate. The mesh seems to have a lot of extra geometry from boolean operations and have troubles working with it. Is there a way to edit the topology of it so that I can efficiently use sub-surface and bevel modifiers with it ?

.blend file:

One option:
Select geometry then X / Limited Dissolve. Change the dissolve angle if needed. Then do any manual cleanup that may be required.

There is no magic ‘MAKE EVERYTHING PERFECT’ button. The best solution is hard work or tell the person who made the model to do a better job

The mesh seems to have a lot of extra geometry from boolean operations and have troubles working with it.

What do you mean? Most meshes appears to be clean. What do you want to do to it? You should be able to animated it with simple material on it.

It is true, when you apply sooth shading on objects they do appear terrible. But if you add Edge Split modifier, uneven shading will go away. If you want to bevel it, that’s a different story. The model needs to be cleaned up.

Thank you for your response.

I have cleaned this up a bit and beveled some of the edges and thats what I ve got so far:

That’s one hell of a coffee maker…