How to grow petals on a Stylized Flower Daisy?

Hey folks!

I’m trying to figure out a way of ‘growing’ petals on a daisy/sunflower one at a time? Basically have each petal POP out quickly in succession and not all at once?

Thank you everyone!

Daisy v002.blend (1.6 MB)

here is a quick and dirty, but easy way to do it

edit your petal object to have just one petal
set up an array modifier with the empty you used to rotate the petals originally
animate the number of petals in your array modifier
2021-05-20 11-35-27

1 Like

I did initially have it as an array (check this new blend file), but I kinda want them to ‘GROW’ and not just pop into existance? Also I may have different petals, so all of them will be unique sizes, shapes, colours etc. How would I accomplish that in your opinion?Daisy v002b.blend (954.6 KB)

Also:
grafik

clearly wrong direction: :rofl:

HAHAHAHAAHAHA! LOL for sure.

Hey, I’m just providing support! it’s up to the end user to get the details in order! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just had a funny minute and could not resist. Hope I did not inconvinienced you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

no worries, it’s valid feedback!

1 Like

2021-05-20 12-57-41

ok, how about animating the scale of the petals and empty to get the petals to expand?

Daisy v002-growing.blend (965.1 KB)

2 Likes

That looks great! I’m going to try it out tomorrow! COOL!!! What if all the petals were different shapes, sizes etc? Essentially if it’s not an ARRAY? Would you have to manually keyframe things? Maybe use animation nodes or something?

Thanks again!!!

1 Like

I haven’t used animation nodes, but it would probably be great at this!

You could definitely animate them manually if you wanted unique petals, it’ll just be a little tedious.

Hmm… Can you have items SCALE or GROW within a COLLECTION? Have some sort of time delay to increase after a certain amount of frames for instance? Perhaps through parenting?