How to jump start and end frame of a video clip by using keyboad in sequence editor.

Hi Blenders,

Iam a new user of blender,now iam explore how to edit the video in sequence editor.
I have three doubts,

1)How to jump start and end frame of a video clip by using keyboad in sequence editor.

2)Snaping, ie. how move a clip to end frame of a previous clip (when iam move a clip,its automatically align to the end of previous clip)

3)Speed control, In sequencer window, the clip appearance is not updated related to speed.it gives some difficult where the speed control applied or not.

So, if anyone of you know how to solve this, please help me. iam eagerly awaiting to your repply.

Thanks
Shammu

I’m no expert in the video editor but to jump from end to start, its shift+left arrow. From start to end is shift+right arrow.

Speaking of which, has anyone figured out how to make the sequencer put the added image/ movie clip into a reasonable place/ frame number? Seems to be totally random, not at beginning, end, 0 or whatever, sometimes at -30!

Hey shammu

1. It’s not possible to jump to the start or end frame of a video clip. It is, though, possible to jump to the start or end frame of the project you are working on. Like kingalex said, by using shift + left arrow or shift + right arrow.

2. Try pressing control while you are moving a clip. It will snap to various objects. (Like other video clips & the cursor.)

3. I have used this option, but what is your question?

Hi Eckie,

Thanks for you giving the great support, this is iam expecting.well done.

Can you clarify to me about speed control effect.
previousily iam worked on adobe premiere, here iam expecting some controls like premier.

Hi Shammu,
I don’t know premiere so I can’t help you with that.

The easiest way to use the speed control is to set the global speed to something other than 1. (You can find global speed under Scene (F10), sequencer buttons.) 2 means it will play twice as fast, etc.

Thanks Eckie,
I’ll try that.