How to load a texture plugin within blender 2.58?

I wanted to use the r_weave texture plugin on my model but i am very unsure how to access inside blender 2.58. I have read elsewhere that you had to go into user preferences and set the directory for the texture plug in but from there i can not see what to do.
It seems that in previous versions of blender (2.49 & early 2.5’s) there was an option when selecting texture type to choose ‘plugin’ then go to the directory and BAM texture in blender but that option seems to be removed in the current version.

Is there a specific place i am ment to put the .dll texture file and/or how do i access it within blender?

I’m pretty sure that you can’t use texture plugins that were made for 2.4 in 2.5+. There is so much work going on with bmesh and other projects that is almost ready to be put into Blender. When they have those things in place, then perhaps texture plugins can be made that will accompany these new systems.

Just my point of view!

P.S. sorry for the horrible grammer, I’m in a hurry this morning :slight_smile:

Is there a specific place i am ment to put the .dll texture file and/or how do i access it within blender?
You’ll be wasting your time putting it anywhere as it just won’t work. If you really need it just use 2.49

Thanks guys, i suppose i will have to dig out ye old blender 2.49 then. :smiley: