How to make a warmer feel

Here is a picture of the room, but it seems cold… I’ve tried by adding a little yellowish light outside, and it helped… But I am afraid the entire picture ends up being just yellow if I change more of my lightsources to yellowish light, so my question is… is there any other ways to get a nice sunny feeling in this room… I refuse to use anything but planes emitting light as the picture gets super grainy with the other light sources.

I hope some of you have some tricks up your sleeve. I myself have thought about changing the background to a more sunny background, and then perhaps power up the yellow light emitter from outside the windows.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

The thing you have to remember is that cycles uses lights in the same that you would use light in the real world. For example If you wanted to light a room in your house, there are many ways to do it, but you will most likely just flick a switch and presto! Your room is lit. Perhaps if it’s during daytime, you could simply open your blinds and let the natural light in(more related to what you are trying to accomplish). Your room wont be lit up well if the outside source is not bright, for instance at dusk, when the sun is going down. So, in conclusion, the only way to make your room brighter(or warmer) is to increase the strength(intensity) of your outside light source.

The method you explain is probably your best bet when it comes to getting the room lit. Just don’t give your light a very strong yellow, so that increasing the strength wont make the room appear too yellow.

I know thats a long explanation for what your trying to do, but for me, the best way I learn is through understanding how something works then applying those methods to my work. The saying goes “give a man a fish, and feed him for a day. But teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.”

Thats with more yellowish light, the grainy parts gets more visible in this too :frowning: … I do however like the way it is going with the light… Any tips to improve it further and get a smooth render?

• Forgot to mention that it followed fpsgod17’s tip with brigher light from the outside :smiley:

part of the graininess might be caused by light coming in through glass. If that is the case here you might change your glass material in such a way that it behaves like a glass shader only when seen by a camera ray but as a fully transparent shader when seen by any other ray. (As you might already know there is a ray info input node available that has an ouput that is one if a ray is a camera ray and can be plugged into a mix node that switches between glass and transparent).

Such a setup is described elsewhere but unfortunately I can’t find it at the moment :slight_smile:

Well the room is bare and the only things you have in it is a b&w painting and black blinds on white walls. Contemporary. That isn’t supposed to look warm. An empty room will rarely look warm. With what you have at the moment I’d just say change the color of the blinds to a lighter color and change the artwork to something like a nature scene. Black should be no where in a home that is meant to feel warm and inviting. Your wood floors are too regular. I know they are staggered, but in real life no flooring guy would lay flooring like that. They’d know that it is too hard to keep those lines perfect and even if they could it would give off a “calculating” vibe of precision. Precision is also not very warm. Oh I lay flooring. lol. forgot to mention that.

I think it just dim lack of contrast, not “yellow”.

he grainy parts gets more visible in this too
, I suspect it is actual reason you get that low contrast dim picture. Forget “grainy parts”, dimming overall brightness is not best way to fight noise. Increase render time instead.

Your render, rendered again in blender and 5% pp in gimp. Any warmer?

Wood grain - it’s grain is way too big what makes room much smaller as i see it. Doors are about 2m high and camera is even higher.
+1 to what BrentNewton says; i’ve been into this too. Get gaps much less prominent - makes bad impression too.

Hi,
I`m not sure, but I guess what you want is the sunny feeling from an arch viz.
For that I would use just one sun light. Put the size down to something like 0.02, to get sharp shadows and if you want you can tint it bit yellowish-orange. The easiest way to get rid of the noise is to check of the ray visibility in your window planes for: Shadow, Transmission and Diffuse - because you usally need only the reflections in your window.
You could now put in some more lights if needed.
Hope I could help you, good luck and happy blending.