How to make god rays with png transparent image

Working with cycles. Can we create god rays with the png transparent image. I have setup all the scene. With sun lamp and a transparent png image. But the light is not going through the image and making the rays. Any suggestion how it works. Thanks.

Blend File

Are you using any volume shader? You need to use a cube with a volume shader in the node output of his material (a giant cube surrounding your scene I mean) or also a Volume Shader connected to the output of the World. It’s the way to create fog/mist that reacts to light.

There is a giant cube around the mode. Blend file attach. Plz go through. Thanks

I rotated the scene 90º. The light of the sun didn’t reach the monkey…

2 Likes

To expand on the previous comment, when using Sun Lamps and background/world shaders to light the scene, you have to assume the light is coming from an infinite distance away, no matter the size of your scene and the layout of any objects in the scene.

In the case of Sun lamps, the position of the lamp itself has no effect; all that matters is the direction. Because of the orientation of the Sun and the backdrop, the sun hits the backdrop before it can get to the plane and the Suzanne.

2 Likes