How to make realistic blood material?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience. Much appreciated.

Ya, I’m going to put that animation together today and we can see what it looks like. Bear in mind, I had the sim speed set to .3 and frame rate of 120. We’ll see how it turns out. The end result is going to jump cut during regular camera push back and forth to slow motion dramatic blood sequence…it may sell, it may not.

If not, I’ll re-sim with a different viscosity. And I may tweak the blood color a little.

One thing I’ve noticed, and still can’t find or get an answer for–there always remains a little liquid stuck to the effector after sim. What setting ‘effects’ this, and how do I shut it off completely if I want? It’s not a viscosity thing, I tried water, and it still stuck in much larger chunks than I’d want.

Maybe turn the gravity up after water has settled? That could get annoying setting that timing up.

have not work a lot with new sim Mentalfow
which is not in 2.82 only 2.83 I think or only as SVN !

but there is a parameter for stickiness like damping I think
look at all vars in addon it is there

happy bl

Well, the render came through, and I put this tiny test teaser up. This was my very first original blood shader…but NOT the same liquid sim you see in original stills. The viscosity on this version is as mentioned above for real blood, not water.

I have issues. Surprisingly not with the color of the blood. I’m more conserned about the energy of the splash as suggested by birb above. In The Shining scene, the water violently splashes out of the elevator. I want to do a version with birbs darker blood, and a more kinetic splash like from the movie.

Remember this is a test animation to see how the blood played, so please ignore the slight frame jitter. I had to extend the clip length even more to slow things down further, and it doesn’t play smoothly. I’ll tweak final render to be correct frame rate for slow-mo.

Thanks all. Stay tuned.

https://youtu.be/dRp0Xau4Aww

And here is a test image of new blood material with much more energy. Not a legit animation test, more a blood shader test–there’s a lot of it, and it looks pretty good. Reflections or normals appear a bit boxy…maybe the mesh needs smoothing. Re-work will be better. Just posting this to share bloody overflow! lol