How to model around a 2D texture?

Ok, so I’ve got this mod for a game called Rise of Nations in which I’ve modded some existing building models/textures to make new ones. The problem is, that this game has a sort of hybrid 2D/3D system by which it applies textures to buildings.

Here are some screenshots about what I mean.

This is the building in-game:

This is the building’s texture file:

And this is the building’s model (in Blender):

So as you can see, the texture is “grafted” straight on the model from an isometric perspective. So as I was trying to make my own buildings I couldn’t align the model with the texture properly. And so as the model wasn’t properly aligned with the texture it looks really weird in-game (I’ll post a picture in reply post since I can’t upload more than 3 in this one).

So what I need to know is:

1. How do I figure out the angle of the isometric perspective in this game and how do I apply the same angle to my Blender workspace?

1. How do I make the texture file appear in Blender (in said angle) so I can model around it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and before you ask, I’m very much a beginner as far as Blender (and modeling in general) is concerned, so try to explain this to me in a way that I can understand. :slight_smile:

bump for reply