How to model platform meshes for game in Unity 3D?

Hey guys!

I am using Unity3D to make a platform game and want to create my platform blocks using Blender. I have created several platforms meshes of different types for experimentation within Blender to find the best approach but I keep running into the same problems.

A little context, all platforms started life as a cube that is then extruded and manipulated as needed. I would also like to have the edges of my platforms rounded with a bevel and I have smoothed normals to make it look rounder.

However, I am having a nightmare with UV unwrapping. How can I a) extrude platforms where each face is mapped to a texture atlas? b) have rounded edges without messing up the UV coordinates?

Any advice would be very kind

Hi,

Try using seams along the sides of those edges. When unwrapping chose option smart UV project.

Try using seams along the sides of those edges. When unwrapping chose option smart UV project.

I have never used “Smart UV Project” before… I had a go at adding some seams rather randomly but that didn’t seem to help.

I am still getting seams on all edges. Also, how can this be mapped onto a texture atlas?

Many thanks