How to model that part of Scope?

Have nice day everyone.
I do a PGO Scope and now im stuck in this part and I don’t know what to do. should i do part that part with extrude or make as new object and after connect it?
Thank you.

I would prefer to block and pin down the shape with separate objects then join them and refine contact line.

1 Like

Thank for info, how you will make it that can you give me a tip?
Cause i absolutely have no idea how to do it :frowning:

I Used planes to block shapes then used bevel with vertex weight to bevel corners non destructively
Then used solidify for thickness finally used boolean and bevel to cut shapes from base shape.
All modifiers are kept for non destructive tweaking.
Here is the blend file and screen shots.
Scope.blend (495.5 KB)

4 Likes

It’s pretty much the same method i showed you in your other thread. You need an Intermediate understanding of topology and edge flow if you’re going to make a mid - high poly hard surface model.

Model the pieces separately while keeping in mind how they will connect.

2 Likes

You can also use box cutter or hard ops plugins. they are more than perfect for this type of Modeling.

Youre right, i acatulay study a topology and edge flow but need to learn more.
Cheers :slight_smile:

Wow thank you many times.

1 Like

I don’t understand why to use solidify, can you clarify it to me, how that changed the final model?

Nothing really different in the final model, the result can also be achieved with a box mesh.
I prefer to use solidify because of the parametric thickness instead of scaling box sides.
I have more and easier control this way.
And also plane is easier to shape a profile than box.

Another option would be to sculpt the whole thing then rotopo it.