How to numerically edit?

Sorry for the very basic question. I’m doing the tutorial of modeling the blender logo.
I’ve completed interface tutorials but I haven’t seen how to numerically rotate, position or scale an object on the x.y or z axis. All I want to do is rotate a bezier circle 90 degrees because it comes into my view sideways.

press N to popup the transform properties panel. click in the rotX field and enter 90.

The thing about new objects being placed sideways by default can be changed by going to the preferences (you know, that hidden bar on the top that you drag down) -> Edit Methods and turning on Aligned to View.

As for the numerical editing, it’s actually very nicely done in Blender. If you want to rotate something 90 degrees on the x-axis, for example, just press r, x, 90. That works for scaling and moving too.

Your both are awesome Thanks!

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/metropolis_light_trasport/youreyour.jpg

I know, I know but it’s so hard to type. I just tried it. You have to move you’re pinky to type you’re. The movement doesn’t flow natural naturally. It’s not a matter of grammar ignorance it’s a matter of dexterity. I don’t have great dexterity. My ability to move my fingers independently is limited compared to others. I’ve tested it. Test it yourself with others. By the way, it’s OK that you have Aspergers Syndrome and you’re obsessing on this. I think I have a touch of it myself. Computer subjects like this attract or have a higher sample of people with Aspergers. To learn more watch the documentaries online about Temple Grandin. Best Wishes

sorry, i did no engineer the English language or the QWERTY keyboard layout. you’d have to complain whoever agreed to put the apostrophe at the “very difficult” location that does not flow naturally…

i might be obsessive about it; i don’t know. i just find it annoying and as the picture said “NOT THAT **** HARD”…

don’t take it personally though. it’s not worth arguing over. this is a 3d modeling forum; so just take my post as an advice or a pointer so you try to avoid that mix up again…

peace, and happy blending

• d