How to parent specific object parameters

Hello,

Recently I have been running into this issue a lot. I have my active camera and my Focus object. I want my camera to be parented to the location of the Focus object, but not the rotation. This way my Focus object can rotate and the camera will not rotate with it, but if the Focus object moves, the camera will follow.

Is there a way to do this? As far as I have been able to figure out the standard ctrl+p cannot be manipulated to preform this action(but I have not been able to find much info on the subject).

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Never mind. I literally just discovered the use of the constraints section after 3 years of work in Blender. Boy do I feel silly now:o.

Copy location constraint with offset enabled to get the location and track to constraint to keep camera pointing at it.

Could add both for the camera in constraints properties, or could select the focus and then shift select the camera and ctrl+shift+C -> copy location, then enable offset. Could then select the camera, shift select the focus and ctrl+T -> track to.

Thanks JA12. In three years of deeply exploring Blender, I have never experimented with the constraints section. This is good exposer to new techniques.