How to play animations of two .blend files sequentially ?

I have two .blend files of ten frames each, one of a moving cube and another of a moving sphere. I want to play these two animations sequentially that means after animation of 10 frames of the cube is complete , the sphere will start to move. How can i do this in blender2.42 in linux ? Plz help me.
Thanking you.
Sikha Devi

I’d suggest you render both animations, separately, to separate directories (choose the directory in the output panel of your render buttons).

Then open up a new session of Blender, go go the Sequence editor, split it in half and put one side into the image preview mode (there is a drop down to do this in the header of the sequence ediitor.

Input the images you rendered by pressing Shift-A in the Sequence editor. Select Add Sequence Strip> Images, and go to the directory where your first set of images were rendered. Press A to select all, and click Select images. This will bring in the block of images which you can move around in the Sequence editor. Do the same thing for the other block of images. Line them up on the timeline as you like them, and then render, with “Do Sequence” selected. You can render to a movie file now if you like.

Thanks for your guidence! I tried to play back the animations sequentially in preview mode in sequence editor by pressing ctrl-F11 in the way we can do in 3D window by pressing Alt-A. But only the black screen remained. How can i play back the two animations sequentially without rendering? Plz help.
Thanking you.
Sikha Devi

Well, in order to put sequences into the Sequence Editor (unless I’m very mistaken) you have to render them to files.

However, you don’t have to do full on renders for this. In the 3D window header, hold down Ctrl and press the preview button (the little button with a scene image to the right of the layer buttons). This will “render” a full animation, but exactly as you see it in the 3D view. For the best results, make sure you’re in camera view for this and size the view so that it’s cropped about the same as the real camera render.

These images will go to the place you specified in the render Output field. They render obviously much more quickly than actual proper renders. You can use these images in the sequence editor in the way I described previously.