How to properly create an action containing shape keys in Blender 2.5? I did it once by chance and I fail to do it again. In the dope sheet there is Action Editor and ShapeKey Editor, separated. If I add an action in the action editor, can I switch to shapekey editor and create that action? Because when in action editor when I add new shape keyframes, they do not appear.
I want to know it too… With ShapeKey Editor I can create only one action. But what if I want to create more?
I have watched this video and found a way to do this:
- So you must go to object data (the icon is cube) properties. Add there custom properties for each your key.
- Go to mesh properties, right click on values (e.g. 0.000) at the right side of your shape keys and click “Add driver”
- Go to “Graph Editor”. Select “Editing context” (or so-called “Mode”) – “Drivers”.
- Click on “plus” sign at the right top of “Graph Editor”.
- At the left side of “Graph Editor” select “Key”->Value (<shape key name>).
- At the right side on the “Drivers” options select type: “Scrypted Express”
- Click “Add Variable”
- Variable type: “Single property”
- Prop: select type which you went on step 1)
select your object or mesh.
- Enter path: ["<name of custom property for this shape key>"] (e.g. [“prop”])
- Above under “Type:” Object (the icon is cube); Expr: “var” or other name if you rename your variable after step 7)
- Now Select new action in action editor
- Go to object data (the icon is cube) properties, “Custom properties”
- Move mouse pointer on property value. Change it. And press “I”.
- Select new frame, and redo from step 14 while your action animation not done.
But unfortunately it doesn’t work for Game Engine animation. So I need in way to do animation in Game Engine in Blender 2.5.
O_O There has to be a simpler way…
Please, say to me if you’ll find it.