How to python script ?

Hello , i have been using blender for 4 years. this question probably has been asked a lot of times but the insturctional by monster doesnt make sense to me. i have 2 weeks ( the holidays yay! vacation time! ) to learn python. what is the simplest and quickest way to learn python. i have learnt action script in 2 days in flash mx , cs3 , cs4.

is it hard? because in the 2 weeks i wanted to make a very simple cube game with python in blender 2.49 and 2.56 .

http://www.swaroopch.com/notes/Python

Swaroop’s A Byte Of Python covers all the python basics really well and you can get through it in a couple of days. From their it’s easy to transfer your knowledge of general python use over to Blender. I learnt general python before I came to use the BGI and started using python in Blender. I’ve found it so helpful to have a good understanding before trying to make games. There’s a lot of handy things python can do and modules that many of the Blender python tutorials don’t touch on. It also makes the tutorials easier to follow!

Hope this helps :smiley:

A little off topic, but what did you think to action script? I’ve found it a little unclear and awkward at times, but I really like the ‘this.’ keyword.