How to resubscribe to your favourite threads from the old site

One of the things that the Discourse migration project did not include was existing thread subscriptions. Here’s how to restore them:

1. Sign in to the ‘read-only’ version of the previous version of Blender Artists on http://oldsite.blenderartists.org/forum/. (Note that this site will not remain online indefinitely!)
  2. Navigate to your Subscriptions folder.
  3. For each thread that you want to re-subscribe, copy the URL and remove ‘oldsite’ from it.
  4. Visit this topic (in Discourse these are called topics instead of threads).
  5. In the navigator slider on the right of the screen, click the tracking options button:

1. Select the tracking type you want:

That’s it, enjoy your new tracked topics!

2 Likes

it doesn’t work, old site stucks on vbulletin message page.

Hmm, you can’t log in?

yes, I can, but none of the links work, always it shows the message “Site Migration in Progress”

Hmm, @Fweeb any idea why this is? I can access the links, but perhaps a normal user account can’t?

For me it doesn’t even log in.
I wonder which username transcription should I use (IIRC there wasn’t an underscore in it before migrating) but anyway all 3 possible variants - underscore, dash, space give log in error.

I can log in but also only getting the “Site Migration” page.

I’m able to log in. But I recall somewhere in the vague clouds of my mind something about logins for regular users being limited and only moderators could get in. Might want to check on that.

We’ve updated the old site, please try logging in again and let us know if you can now access your old thread subscriptions.

2 Likes

Yeah, it works now.
Thank you!

1 Like

Note : if you posted on a thread back in the old days, you should already be “Tracking” the topic here. Only the threads you subscribed to without posting in them are really removed from your subscriptions here.

You can list all your watched (or tracked) topics by going in Preferences > Categories > Show watched topics (or Show tracked topics).
I know, it’s an absurd place for such a thing, but at least it’s there.

1 Like

In the end it logged in, though only after I reset my password (I haven’t forgotten it, I’m sure, dunno what was there). So that’s the way to go if nothing else works, thanks.
Now I’m only left to add bunch of links to subcriptions here.

This saved me a lot of time.

@bartv Is it possible to make Watched/Tracked easily accessible? Like maybe when you click the hamburger icon or something.

Might be doable, I’ll look into that at another time.

Note to self:

Also:

Hey, your the guy on Sketchfab! He! it’s me, Red Star Ring Animations!

1 Like

I think it might be better off if you bookmark the topics. For some weird reason, I’ve tracked the subcribed topics but where in the users panel are we suppose to see them?

@XeroShadow I explained it in my previous comment:

1 Like