How to rig this model?

hi, can someone help please, i have this model with is several parts, body, hair, clothes, accessories, etc

i got the rig from rigify and matched it to the model (and deleted the face, don’t need it)

now i’m confused about rigging, i not sure what order to select things in, and when i try i ctrl-P never get the menu that says armature deform automatic weights, so i think i’m doing something wrong.

i also tried parenting all the parts to the body mesh first but that didn’t help

pls help, thx

On your screenshot, you’re selecting things in the wrong order-- you’re parenting the armature to the mesh, when you want to be parenting the mesh to the armature.

ok, so i click the armature then shift click the model and now i when i hit ctrl-P i get the correct menu, don’t know why i didn’t get that before but thanks.

so now i get this
bpy.ops.transform.rotate(value=0.345607, orient_axis=‘Z’, orient_type=‘VIEW’, orient_matrix=((-1, 0, 0), (0, -1, 0), (-0, 0, -1)), orient_matrix_type=‘VIEW’, mirror=True, use_proportional_edit=False, proportional_edit_falloff=‘SMOOTH’, proportional_size=0.0255477, use_proportional_connected=False, use_proportional_projected=False)
bpy.ops.transform.translate(value=(0, 0.030556, 0), orient_type=‘GLOBAL’, orient_matrix=((1, 0, 0), (0, 1, 0), (0, 0, 1)), orient_matrix_type=‘GLOBAL’, constraint_axis=(False, True, False), mirror=True, use_proportional_edit=False, proportional_edit_falloff=‘SMOOTH’, proportional_size=0.0255477, use_proportional_connected=False, use_proportional_projected=False)
bpy.ops.transform.translate(value=(0, 0.0183336, 0), orient_type=‘GLOBAL’, orient_matrix=((1, 0, 0), (0, 1, 0), (0, 0, 1)), orient_matrix_type=‘GLOBAL’, constraint_axis=(False, True, False), mirror=True, use_proportional_edit=False, proportional_edit_falloff=‘SMOOTH’, proportional_size=0.0255477, use_proportional_connected=False, use_proportional_projected=False)
bpy.ops.outliner.item_activate(extend=False, deselect_all=True)
bpy.ops.outliner.item_activate(extend=False, extend_range=True, deselect_all=True)
bpy.ops.outliner.item_activate(extend=False, extend_range=True, deselect_all=True)
bpy.ops.object.editmode_toggle()
bpy.ops.object.parent_set(type=‘ARMATURE_AUTO’)
Bone Heat Weighting: failed to find solution for one or more bones

not sure what to do now
thanks

Loathe to repeat what’s been said a million times elsewhere, so quickly:

1. Look for and fix any non-manifold geometry
  2. Fix any degenerate quads (3 collinear verts)
  3. Consider reducing vertex density
  4. Consider scaling up (and applying), weighting, scaling back down

and

1. Consider manual weight painting.

For details, you’ll want to be Googling “blender bone heat fail”