How to route a group to a render layer?

I’m working with BI and would like to have certain objects run through the Vector Blur composite node while leaving the other objects in the scene unaffected.

The objects that should have Vector Blur are all part of a group called “motion blur group”. This is set in the Properties panel under the “Object” (orange cube) icon.

I have a render layer set up called “MotionBlurLayer”. In the compositor, I have that render layer going to a Vector Blur node, which then goes to an Alpha Over node, where it’s combined with the rest of the untouched image.

So far, so good. But I’m missing one essential piece of the puzzle, and that is…how do I route the objects in the “motion blur group” object group to the “MotionBlurLayer” render layer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Upon further research, it appears I should instead use Blender layers to send certain objects to certain render layers. At least, I think that’s the standard way to make something like this work…?

Never mind – I figured it out. I used Blender layers to send objects to render layers. Mods, feel free to delete this topic.