How to scale and/or change pivot of curve deformer?

Not sure if this should be here or in the basics, rigging or other sub-forums. If it should, feel free to move it.

Hi!

I’m having a bit of an issue where an object that’s part of my character is using a curve deformer to be correctly placed (imagine a wire/tube/tree branch) which works fine at first glance, however I noticed that my character is at the wrong scale. Every other object/mesh is scaling fine as I’ve set their origins to be at the world origin (0, 0, 0) with applied transforms, however this doesn’t seem to be the case with a curve deformer.

If I change the origin of the curve (to be at 0, 0, 0), the mesh that it’s controlling moves away. If I scale the curve from the 3D cursor (3D cursor at 0, 0, 0) the mesh just slides along the curve into infinity at the ends, scaling only the mesh does the same.
Scaling both the curve and the mesh together (from 3D cursor at 0, 0, 0) seems to do what I want, however I can’t scale it to the exact amount needed to fit in place with the rest of the character, and typing in + or - the amount that it needs to be scaled in the scale (under item → transform) no longer scales it from the 3D cursor.

So how would/could one scale it with the rest of the character without getting any offsets?

Bear in mind that I know that I COULD apply the curve modifier and change the geo origin before scaling, however I want/need the same curve later for rigging. I also tried creating a new curve with its origin at 0, 0, 0 and snapped those points to the curve that I can’t scale, but then the geo that I want to deform flies away when choosing the new curve as a deformer :confused:

If anyone can shed some light on this issue I’d be very happy!

Thanks in advance!