How to set up multiple smoke emitters in single scene (one domain)?

I have been following some tutorials on smoke sims and think I have sussed out the look I want. However, these typically focus on quite simple scenes - 1 emitter, 1 domain.

What I need to do now is have multiplle emitters in one scene - can I set these up to use the same domain? Or do I need to have separate domains for each?

At the moment I have set up 2 emitters using different domains (with partial intersection), which gives me a reasonable result (albeit it takes a while to bake them individually).

Will render properly though in the final version? I saw an old thread that suggested that intersecting domains clip? So I should try for a single domain right?

Cycles viewport preview:

What I’m after:

Would the easiest way to do this be to simply make all the emitters a single object and then add the quick smoke domain as normal? Or would that make all of them look identical - ideally I want some variation between the emitters (although perhaps noise can solve this?).

Would the easiest way to do this be to simply make all the emitters a single object and then add the quick smoke domain as normal?

Yes.