How would I do this?

Ok, so basically I have this great idea for a game but several things are holding me up and google hasn’t really helped. Let me give a list of things I am having trouble figuring out.

1. How would I be able to set up a mouse controlled painting system in the BGE? I want the person playing the game to be able to pick a color (or something else in my case) and paint onto an object using simple mouse controls.

2. How can I make an object snap to a mesh in the BGE? I want it to be nearly identical to how it works in blender itself. The player picks an object, drags it onto the screen, and it snaps to a preexisting mesh.

In summary, I basically want to create a game (or part of one) that functions as a simple editor, similar to blender itself, but much simpler. A few notes about me for anyone trying to help.

I know a fair amount about blender. Unless I say otherwise, assume I know what you are talking about as far as basic blender is concerned.

I am not very good at python, though I am fully willing to learn and research anything I must. I have used python in simple ways in the past and found it fairly easy to pick up. I have no issues understanding the logic behind code, it is just a matter of learning keywords.

I am using version 2.73 of blender. If this is a problem and you see a large benefit in me upgrading to the latest version please let me know.

I think that should cover everything. I you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

Thanks in advance to any one who helps me out.

For one of the things.Try using the parent actuator with the radar sensor.It would be better to ask one question at a time.Then when you have that question answered ask another.Walls of text are a little confusing.I know i have done it before.You have to crawl before you walk.

I have a colour picker resource http://blenderartists.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2833653

Thanks every one! Sorry for the belated reply. Things have been pretty busy recently and I haven’t had a moment to catch up on things.

Lostscience, yes, after I posted the “wall of text” I realized that it was really long. I will try not to do this again in the future as I myself do not enjoy reading large essays in one sitting.

Now that I have some free time I will try these solutions out and see what will work for me. Thanks again to anyone who replied.