How's my topology ? (Explicit Nudity)

I see the top tri but if I change the bottom one it will no longer be quads.

That’s why I think you need to rework that area of the face.
You could add an edge loop running vertically in line with that area. You would want to delete some of the faces first, add the edge-loop on top and bottom and then reconstruct the area. You see, the flow of the mesh is very important. I discovered (quite by accidental good luck) that if my mesh is flowing like it should (lines properly following muscles, distinctive featurss) then not only does the model look good, but the work is far easier to do. Alot of how the model looks just sort of happens, you don’t have to fight to get the result you want.
I hope you don’t think I’m talking down to you. I have alot to learn about modelling myself. I just think that if you rework that part of the mouth (which may mean tweaking some things in the lower part of the nose) you will be glad in the long run.

If you aren’t sure of what I’m talking about I could give more detailed help tomorrow (well, tomorrow where I’m at, anyway).

I’ll get back to it.

The thing to consider when reading critiques is that most respondents probably apply the “accepted rules” with regards to loops, triangles and complexity and these “rules” usually relate to potential animation problems. If you don’t intend to animate or deform the model once it’s built (maybe yuo just want to make it, texture it and make an image from it) then the approach is almost irrelevant so long as you end up where you want to. You can have triangle, pentagons, circles or whetever Blender will let you get away with if these give you the shape you’re aiming for.

Just keep that in mind when reading the critiques. With regards to complexity though (the number of loops) it is always worth keeping them to a minimum as long as possible because it’s easier to change things if you only have to move two or three vertices. Whether you go backwards at this point is a decision you’ll have to make because only you know how comfortable you are with what you have. It’s a fairly personal decision (I’m easily frustrated so I look at all those curves, edges, faces and vertices and go “eeek!” :o )

With the nose, I was just pointing out that in your latest side view, if you look at the top of the nose the brow peeks out in front of the mesh. You’re still to work that area so it’s not important yet but I thought I’d point it out because the rest of the nose had come along nicely.

Soter’s points about the mouth loops and faces are worthy of investigation. There are certainly some interesting things going on there. Again, if you don’t plan to animate or deform this area (like make her smile) then it probably won’t matter.

I might do some posing or flics, so yes I guess I’m going have to.

Ok, another update, this time I try to include a loop in the mouth. About the same compare to torq method.

Anything else ?

Should the loop by the outer corner of the eye be taken out ? Is that redundant ?

Wow! Great job Capone! She looks really good now. You could probably take out the second edgeloop from the inner (or middle) part of the eye, if that makes any sense. However, I think it should be fine the way it is, imo.

It’s looking good.

Great, now I can get too the rest, must remember to keep it simple.

Ok, down by the chest, any comments before I connect the dots ?

Note, I’m trying to fellow the color and rib bone.

Another update, where is everyone ?

Ahh, Christmas, new year and all that stuff.

Can I request that you post your updates in the current page in future please? Always going back to page one and waiting for everything there to reload is a bit frustrating.

Ta.

[EDIT]

I don’t know much about the anatomy of the area below the neck but I think you’ve missed the collar bone (a horizontal ridge). Other than that, it’s a little early to comment.

Back on the face, your chin could use a little nudging for absolute accuracy.

Oops, forgot about the horizontal collar bone

You know, I have trouble seeing the second one, is it that area on the side view where the bump is on the top of the shoulder ? Does it change if the arm is up or down ?

I’m not sure what you mean by “that second one”… what are you talking about? I can’t really help answer your question until I know what it’s about. :slight_smile:

On thing to point out is that you have gotten away from maintaining edge loops! I am learning the hard way right now that clean mesh is crucial for texturing later on!

Here’s what I see that needs to change to clean up your mesh. Compare it to your previous pic to see the differences.
http://dan_stoyer.home.comcast.net/help/female.jpg

Ok, here’s a update, I think I know what Andy means by the second colar bone, is this correct ?

Hello, anyone, comment please.

Any suggestion on those top rib bones ?