HR Drone

Hi there, blenderheads. Hope you’re well. :slight_smile:

This is my last personal work, heavy double railgun drone, “Oca” (“Wasp”). Wanted to do something brutal and dirty. Why would anyone need a railguns of this size? To fight a fokin kaiju, of course. :slight_smile:

Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/68nPd0

Project files for study if you’re interested: https://gum.co/DpHzs

73 Likes

I’m your biggest fan. ha :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is some truly incredible work, The detail and the design is just mind blowing!

1 Like

Pure, unadulterated, filth. I f*cking love it!

Get on the top row.

No, i am your biggest fan. :slight_smile: Seriously, i can’t stress enough how helpful your tools are. It feels almost like magic or so ) I can’t even imagine how much work you have putted into them. :slight_smile:

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation. Stay safe, and have a great weekend!

Thank you, Bart :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re #featured! :tada:

Movie ready asset

:+1: Very Impressive.

up top you don’t stop

That’s very impressive modelling and very nice work the texturing. :+1:

Also the distribution of details is very pleasing in sense that mechanical parts where you expect things to be complex are like joint areas. Overall it looks futuristic yet credible creation. It would be nice to get a look from bottom as well as some shots give impression there’s lots of things going on.

Also texturing is very detailed up to the point you can see dirt, grease and scratches on bottom of the turret parts which rest over hull in default position.

I’d expect this to be quite huge based on the scale of textures and the scale of details but in first image there’s oil barrel for scale which throws my expectations completely off.

Also all rendered parts are considerably sharper than anything else.

Why would anyone need a railguns of this size? To fight a fokin kaiju, of course.

I’d hate to be bearer of bad news but human built war machines don’t exactly have a great track record in kaiju movies. :sweat_smile:

Thank you for toprowing, Bart! :slight_smile:

Thank you! I wish it was in movie, but… yeah… not gonna happen :slight_smile:

Hey, first - thank you for kind words and feedback. Regarding scale - well, it is what it is. This barrel is a real life siza, i actually had a dummy object representing human figure proportions when i builded the whole set thing. The unit itself suppose to be about 7x8 meters, 3 meters in height. I can admit that i could get carried away in process and forget about scaling for some details, but it’s not very horrible i hope.

lol, good point. It is not gonna work, isn’t it? :laughing:

1 Like

Never! Hardsurface - one love! )

This is absolutely amazing! Apologies if this has already been asked before, but how’d you make the decals? I’m kept inexperienced when it comes to hard surface modeling at that field, so again, apologies if it’s a simple solution

How do you achive so much detail?
Do you apply some bolean object number 999 or you have simpler solution you use?

HR Drone huh? Sounds like you guys better get those TPS reports in on time.

Amazing!

This is a fantastic tool for decals

1 Like

Hi, if you mean graphic elements on the model - i used decalmacnine addon, highly recommended, super awesome and easy to use. Otherwise there is not much decal on model. If you meant something else - please clarify, and i’ll try to answer. :slight_smile:

Hi! Fortunately, it was not that bad :). Actually, there is not much objects on the model, really. It’s the balance of flat/big shapes and busy areas that makes the look. And don’t forget, you can reuse existing geometry to create new details and improve overall “mechanical complexity” feel.

It is fantastic indeed. @MACHIN3 did the great job on this addon.

1 Like