html5 video says no MIME Typ found

Hi

Does anyone know what I do wrong with the video sequencer? I want to output a mp4 format and an ogg format. But they seems not to work on the web.

It always says:
“No video with the supported format and MIME Typ found”

Has anyone ever the same issue and has a hint for me. Thanks in advance for any help.

Since no one else has answered I thought I would give it a go. First off when you say Web I assume you mean YouTube or Vimeo. If you have registered on those sites simply peck around until you find their preferred formats, sizes, bit rates, etc. They are on there.

As far as the settings in Blender most of us I believe use MPEG or H.264 AND SIMPLY TAKE THE DEFAULT ‘Encoding’ settings for those. The Blender defaults are codecs and formats they play well together. And, both are accepted on those sites. Later on you might play with bitrates keeping within what these sites accept in a given size. And, I just glanced at your Join date. I didn’t mean to insult your intelligence here guy. Just trying to be of some help. Looking forward to seeing the video.

Hey many thanks for your reply.

No I meant the html5 video tag such as:

<video class=“video” autoplay="" loop="" muted="">
<source src=“example.mp4” type=“video/mp4”></source>
</video>

And I have played around with the settings before but without success.

This is all picky and gray area according to this page.

Here on win32 Blender’s H.264 output (H.264 Codec in H.264 or Matroska container, no audio) does not ‘natively’ work on Firefox 34.0 - it asks for VLC plugin which was disabled. If it is allowed it plays fine.

If i rename file “video.webm” it opens via VLC by default and plays normally. It says Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
H.264, Metadata shows: encoder - Lavf55.19.104. Firefox says - Can’t play, file is corrupt. It isn’t of course… Opera just opens some internal player’s toolbar, button Play, Volume and does nothing.

Again, all this is picky and depends on what video conversion stuff has sneaked in on your pc.

This can be corrected though: use ffmpeg commandline and convert Blender’s output one more time:

ffmpeg -i cube.mp4 -acodec libvorbis -aq 5 -ac 2 -qmax 25 -threads 2 cube.webm

After this Firefox is happy ;).
Quick test page

--html--
--body--
Cinema Comes to Your Town.
 --video width="320" height="240" autoplay=1--
 --source src="cube.webm" type="video/webm"--
Your browser does not support the video tag.
--/video- 
--a href = "cube.webm"-- vid --/a--
--/body--
--/html--

http://wikisend.com/download/689578/cube.webm

GL!

Hey many thanks eppo for that detailed explanation and the great sources. I will read through this and try again the next days. I let you know if it works. Many thanks again.

What I do not understand though is where to convert it with the command line? In Blender? Or do I need to install ffmpeg?

Blender does not come with ffmpeg executable included AFAIK and it needs ffmpeg source code if you want to compile blender and check proper options.
I downloaded ffmpeg from it’s home page https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

If you’re on Windows, Window-> Toggle System Console in Blender will bring up similar thing…
It used to be that you could Click Windows Menu -> Run, write “cmd” and hit Enter. I’m outdated on Win things now, no idea if W8 is the same.
Mind you - you need to be in the folder with source video file and “ffmpeg” issued alone on cmd line should work telling you about it’s version.
I did copy ffmpeg.exe into the Windows folder on my XP. Again - can’t say about W8 and all the security around there, no idea.

Hi strub,

Add this to your .htaccess and Upload it to your server.

AddType video/mp4 .mp4
AddType video/x-m4v .m4v
AddType video/webm .webm
AddType audio/webm .weba
AddType video/ogg .ogm
AddType video/ogg .ogv
AddType video/ogg .ogg

@Dito
Thans for the hint, but this did not work.

@eppo
Many thanks again eppo, you are my hero. I have successfully installed 7zip and ffmpeg.
Furthermore, I found this:
https://blog.mediacru.sh/2013/12/23/The-right-way-to-encode-HTML5-video.html
which is a very descriptive website for handling html5 video output with ffmpeg and it works beautifully.
Hope someone helps too.

Glad this worked for you and thanks for the link. Never before had a look at subtitles, few other short and useful things mentioned over there.