Hulk

Use particles for fire?

eh, i had a hard time with particle fire in the past, anti aliasing issues…im just gonna composite the fire in front of the hulk after, because removing the plane fixed the detail issues…here’s what i have so far, lot of work for a little scene, but hopefully it will pay off.

Attachments

so i’ve made the textures a bit more rich…i realized something about textures…the messier the better! and the more layers the better.

Attachments

better shorts this time.

Attachments

Why that brownish? Looks kinda as he where dipped into dressing, oil or soil. Is he supposed to look like a doll by his surface details?

this is an update on the burning factory the hulk is escaping from. it needs buttons and light bulbs and some tweaking still. other than that, it’s pretty close to being done (minues the hulk himself, of course!)

Attachments

just for the “look at me” factor", i am posting a slight up to date featuring better hair, and half way done armature work for my hulk project. enjoy.

Attachments

so the bones are pretty much done…here is the hulk in the classic “contraposto” pose. it’s a dull render, just to show the fact that it’s done…now it is time to put him in the scene and make the fun final touches!

Attachments

k so now the hulk is in the scene, albeit a little too bright currently. i will work on the pose, as well as the color correction in the future.

Attachments

updated shot

Attachments

You have some really strange looking deformations in the mesh.

Yeah redo the rigg, And shouldn’t the HULK be more green? Like this:
http://www.dynamicforces.com/images/HulkPlanetHulkHC.jpg

here the colors have been corrected…due to all the ambient lights as well as ambient occlusion both adding and subtracting, the color was sucked from hulk, so i boosted it all and gave him SSS to smooth out the wrinkles. I also used weight painting to get much less deformation in the pose. i might just sculpt the shorts right on, because they are acting weird to the boning setup.

Attachments

another shot…higher saturation, and decided to make the flames post production

Attachments

Ah finally easier to the eyes. Why no food rig? Now they behave like the brick stones he shortly tossed out of the wall to get an instant entrance. The lamps, looks like halogen lights, are over brightened, so they look like OLEDs. After tuning that its nearly perfect.

So far nice stuff to see, Thanks for sharing it .

Great work, but…
The arms aren’t quite there. You’ve gone overboard with the muscles, especially the biceps, which are too bulbous and high on the arm.

whats weird about the arms is the anatomy when you arms are streteched out its the triceps that bulge and contract with the biceps relaxing and stretching out. the reverse happens when you arm contracts like when perform a bicep curl.

actually i like hulk more darker and muscular.

So i finally finished this piece…it has a finished work thread but i figure there’s no harm in posting it here for people to see as well, since it has progressed to being done.

Attachments