HUMAN course progress - My first real attempt so far

I started the year excited about the HUMAN course on CG Cookie… and started to do something from it… but then I wandered off and forgot to finish the course. I came back to it a couple of times, but still never got much beyond the planes of the head part.

As September was winding down and turning into August, I decided that I really wanted to try to get through the course before the end of the year with at least one good, solid attempt. I also decided to revisit a piece I’d done 7 years ago, in part to see if I could get through the sculpting part faster than I did that time and get better recognition. I feel like I’ve already succeeded with that intent, even if I don’t finish this attempt, but I’m planning on pushing through on this one to get it done.

So far, I’ve done the planes of the head and the base sculpting and am just about ready for retopology. I’ve already fixed the problem with the back of the head (I realized it after I made this render set).

Haven’t given him hair yet, but still curious how well people recognize who it might be…

(More work to come on this!)

2 Likes