Human Progress

What do you mean “stretched out quads”

1 Like

The topology on the face will directly influence the topology on the ear.
Ear
If it helps, here’s the obj
Ear.obj (10.9 KB)

4 Likes

Just went through this whole thread after suggestions by a fellow artist and has me itching to get up in the middle of the night to hop on blender and do some stuff. Can’t wait to start implementing some of this stuff and show some stuff off.

2 Likes

You can see and study an Ear topology model that I made (available for free) here:

I thought It might be of help to someone too.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone, i will now go and do the ear a 6th time 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

In the meantime i’m still working out the topology and shape key

I can help you render that sequence on my machine :slight_smile: Can sign the NDA if you’d like…

3 Likes

Been following you for 3 years. When I mention you in conversations i add ‘‘Best Rigger in the World’’

3 Likes

Not just the best rigger, but he makes some of the best face in general!

2 Likes

hell yeahhh…

Thanks for offering, I don’t think that will be necessary though. :blush:

Let’s not get too carried away… “best rigger on the block” might be closer to the mark (although even that’s not verifiable). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

how long are these frames taking?

Around an hour and a half each.

2 Likes

When all that rendering process is finished, could you show two versions of the render ? One with the micro Displacement/normal, and one without, just to see how big of a difference that affects the final look ?

1 Like

The bumps and displacements are incorporated into the same image map, so turning off the micro displacements (which in this instance I’ll presume to mean the detail that is too fine to be typically displaced) would turn off all the bumps and displacements. I don’t know if there’d be much value in showing the perfectly smooth model without any bumps…?

There is an even finer separate procedural bump, but it’s only really apparent in very close close-ups.

1 Like

Yes ! I was talking about the procedural bump, just wanted to see the difference between the skin with and without that finer detail.

2 Likes

This close-up renders are truly amazing.

-I love that reddish tone in the shadows, how did you achieve that with the SSS shader?

-Is there any chance to see a render of the whole face even if there is none in the final video?

Thanks.

2 Likes

hihi ! have you finished your lip sticking system yet ?

1 Like

Unfortunatelly I am still busy with other stuff and I haven’t managed to get both lips to work at once. Most of the progress is still the same as it was 12 days ago. All of the previous GIFs that I posted so far were bottom lip only. I was also thinking that stickyness could be automatic feature of the lips that get influenced by how much the mouth is opened. Yesterday i tried to make area where stickyness occours more customizable because that area shouldn’t be tottaly perpendicular to the edge flow. I will show what that looks like tomorrow

2 Likes

Cheek 0055 Voronoi

As I mentioned somewhere earlier, It also has an effect on the reflectivity.

That’s just the SSS doing its thing. High contrast lighting exposes the subsurface colour more at the terminator.

Not quite ready for a full reveal just yet. :face_in_clouds:

8 Likes

Thanks for the answers Chris, fantastic new render.