Humorous animation timing test

Working on comedic timing.

http://media.putfile.com/wng2

.avi file

This is just a timing test for humorous effect, hosted on Putfile. I just would like to know if the timing ‘works’ on a silly sort of level.

Three stunt bees. First two better than the third.

Let me know if the timing gets your reaction in any way.

I think there ought to be another beat before the third bee slides down, but that may just be me.

-Tae

hehe… I guess it worked for me… :wink:

I agree with Balfegor on the extra beat.

Thanks for the feedback.

And while we’re at it, you could improve the effect by deforming the third bee a bit when it smashes with the pole. Or at least move it a bit to get the feeling of the hit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:26 am Post subject:
And while we’re at it, you could improve the effect by deforming the third bee a bit when it smashes with the pole. Or at least move it a bit to get the feeling of the hit.

Well thanks for the feedback, Yetzero. But this was just a timing test, “hold a beat”, “law of threes”, all those theories of timing I’ve only read about and am just trying. It’s about pacing, not a “secondary action” test. I know secondary actions like that are necessary to sell a bit (like sound effects), but I just want to see if I can turn the theories into something tangible, and if they work at all.

Timing’s not perfect, that’s why I just stuck it in here. Basic feedback on the timing, do the theories hold up at all, etc. A benchmark for improvement.

Thanks for your feedback.

nice work

but the sky sucks, it don’t fits in the animation

maybe some sound and a waltz music on the backround