Description: Hyperion Flamer Unit
Purpose: Game LP and cinematic animation; high res render
Software: Blender (lots of python) + Houdini
- 70% on modeling (14 mil tris, 300+ objects / target 20 mil+). 50% of total progress
- yet to sculpt organics (arms, face)
- arms/armor is rough / conceptual;
- flamethrower yet to be created
Additional Viewport capture: http://cgstrive.com/WarCry/hbwf.png
I am very interested to hear aggressive criteria and feedback on how shapes, design and everything else feels. Would love to hear ideas /thoughts of what I can do to make it better. My goal is to pin down and harmonize the elements before additional refinement and detailing. Pick it apart, don’t be afraid to offend me - i appreciate it.
Main problematic areas:
- BACKis poorly defined. He is supposed to be a heavy unit that carries Fuel tanks (that can be shot in game). I am not sure if they are good enough Design wise currently + I do not want him off balance.
- Seeking ways to break symmetry with arm/hand area - all advice is welcome
- Stomach area is a bit loosely defined, it could have some functional design.
- What to do with hair
I would also love to step into direct contact(through skype) with anyone good with 2d/3d. Perhaps we can help one another. Please send me PM, i would really appreciate it