HyperShot

There is a way to contrain it. Go to Objects with F7. And do “Add Constraint”. But, I’v never added a Contraint before, so you’ll have to check a tutorial.

Another way you can do it, is manually. Add invisible boxes around it. And do logic bricks, where When Collide with box, movement equal (0.0,0.0,0.0).

The turret is so far looking great! Except, it sort of looks too high poly. For your cylinders, I believe you are using too high of a poly count. Try only making it have 6-8 sides, and then adding the Set Smooth modifier. This will greatly help the games frame-rate.

Hey guys I can help with the project if you like. I can model, texture, and do logic bricks quite well. Just tell me what you want me to do! I can help out with the vehicles and weapons if you’d like aswell.

EDIT: I’ll give you some of my content soon.

i think ill try figuring out the constraint because collisions = less framerate
anyone got any good tutorials??

ive checked out the limit rotation constraint but it doesnt seem to be an “ingame” feature :frowning:
maybe python…

Hey I just made this to show you what I can do in about a days work. I created a futuristic minigun. These shots are ingame (exept the wireframe of course). I included a .blend because I created a setup. Just hold the space bar and you will see the muzzle flash and the rotation of the barrels. Enjoy! Let me know if I can be on the team! Or if you would like me to do something else, I will gladly do so.

Attachments

minigun.blend (569 KB)

nice Zootanore, but… i had a look at your .blend and it runs at bout 40 FPS. is it doing that on your computer?? and any idea why its doing that because its not a very complex scene only have 661 faces total.

but anyway good model :slight_smile:

No mine is running at 60 fps. And I don’t even have a good graphics card.

EDIT: And 60 fps is my graphics card max, even on an empty scene

EDIT2: And thanks by the way :wink:

ok, well thats odd, oh well

zootanore, do you reckon you can model a hummer/warthog/futuristic vehicle??

Let me give it a try :wink:

awesome, dnt add a turrent but leave room for one.

Alright here is the futuristic vehicle. I set it up to drive to. You can modify it any way you would like. In the blend, arrows are to go, and number 2 is to switch to first person. I was just testing things out. Use it how you like! And remember not change the name of the object (car) unless you change it in the python scripts too. Also, keep the wheels below the terrain.

Hope you like it! :yes:

Download file here: http://www.savefile.com/files/1859202

Attachments

That jeep looks great especially because its low poly

good jeep i agree with nick

i might modify the car setup a bit, to mke more realistic steering

here the vehicle with updated steering script and turrent

http://www.savefile.com/files/1859202

still got the turrent rotation problem

tried constraint actuator but no luck, very confusing, anyone got any tutorials???

Zoonatore, you have been added to the team.

Great work guys. I really like how the progress is coming along. I’m still working on my template. But, the inventory and weapon system might be a bit tricky.

I’v added an attachement. Our set up now uses a very advance way of shooting. Take a look at the scripts if you want :slight_smile:

Attachments

MG1.blend (411 KB)

nice set up.

i have an idea for the game… because the car with turrent cuts framerate considirably, we could just have it for say… 1 level and it be outside, low poly mostly flat ground with a few enemies.

Edit: i could start on the environment.
anything in particular that anyone wants??