i cant run in 2.25 on linux

do somebody now how do run on 2,25 on linux :-?

1. What’s the problem?
  2. Why not a more recent version?

I dont now wat is problem i download the 2,25 and then i cant run in it.
And i want it for games! I am doing a game 2,36 is good for games two but 2,25 better,

First of all, in what way would you think that 2.25 could be better for games?

And regarding your installation problems… I’m afraid you have to give us a bit more information:
What system are you using? What are you downloading and from where? In what way "can’t’’ you run it? Is there an error message?

The 2.25 is good for playing games but bad for making.
Theres no error messenger.
Do i download the 2,41 and 2,36 then i open the files in TMP but i cant open 2,25. in TMP.

PLEASE: If you want anyone to help you, give us more info:

• I guess, you are downloading from http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Older_versions.283.0.html? Correct?
  • Are you using Windows or Linux or MacOS? What version? XP? Suse? Ubuntu?
  • Are you downloading the correct version for your system?
  • What do you mean by ‘TMP’? Do you download into a temporary directory?

And, most important:

• What do you mean by “…can’t open in TMP”? What do you do to open it? Doubleclick? What happens?

On linux and yes the TMP.
Oh in TMP theres a blender file do i click on it it open blender.
And yes the http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Older_versions.283.0.html?
Nothing happens

I would like to help you, but…
PLEASE: Don’t let me worm everything out of you!!!

What do you mean by “yes the TMP”? So, you are downloading into a temporary directory, right?
What kind of file are you downloading? Something like “…tar.gz”?
If that’s the case, you’ll have to manually uncompress and compile it for your system, using the commands ‘gunzip’, ‘tar -xvf’ and ‘./blender’ in a terminal window…

Hmm, am I right assuming that you have no idea what I’m talking about (no offense)? If so, I would suggest you stick to the most recent version for your system, as this version will be much easier to install…

SuSE: Install Blender from YaST Package Manager.
Debian: execute this command: ‘apt-get install blender’.
Ubuntu: make sure that you have enabled access to ‘universe’ and perform: apt-get install blender or open the Add Aplications program, go to Graphics and find Blender, check it, then apply.
Gentoo: execute this command: ‘emerge blender’.

[Quoted from http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Beginner_Tutorials ]

In general: I have a feeling that you are a beginner, when it comes to Linux, right? (No offense intended, we all started sometime.) Administrating your system and installing software is a central task in every operating system.
Unfortunately the Blender forum can only help you so far. I cannot give you a complete introduction into your Linux here. I would suggest you try to teach yourself more about how Linux works or let someone else do the installing.

I get linux 1 week ago.And i start like 2or 3 month ago.
I use like that Linux: other distributions (x86) and i gont want the 2.37 i want 2.25 and do i download the 2.25 theres no file named blender.

First off, there is a variety of Linux distrobution.

I my self use Kubuntu. What do you use? (Dont say Linux as thats the kernel.)

Another thing 2.25 is not the best for games. Except maybe really old ones.

So first off, go download Blender2.25, at www.blender3d.org

Once downloaded place the file in /home/your-place*/blender.
Extract the file by right clicking and going down to Extract Here.

A new folder should appear.

Open this folder. And click on “blender” it should runif it doesnt. There is many reasons.

First open up a terminal/Konsole and type in “cd /home/your-place*/blender/blenderfolder**”

After that type ./blender

Its should start running if not, it should give you reasons why it isnt running.

*This is were you put you name of your account. For example if I created a new account called Bob. A new folder in the home directory should appear called Bob, this is were you put your files.

**The name of the Blender folder.

On the side note, when asking for help give as much detail as possible, and dont use short terms, as what you think they mean doesnt mean the same to someone else on elysiun.

i use ubunto.But i haven got the “blender” file thats the problem i can run in oders whit the "blender’ file

I did some checking up. Its not called “blender” but “blenderpublisher” so if you click on this it should run blender

i dont run on that file but oders run on “blender”

Blender 2.25 for very different from the rest.

So it has “blenderpublisher”.

It has some dependency problems as when I tryed to run it through a terminal it requested a few things.

Can u do my very close tutorial how the 2,25 work.
Like this :Go TMP -open- blabla then press X-and ready.
Can u do it :-?

So first off, go download Blender2.25, at www.blender3d.org

Once downloaded place the file in /home/your-place*/blender.
Extract the file by right clicking and going down to Extract Here.

A new folder should appear.

Open this folder. And click on “blenderpublisher” it should run if it doesnt. There is many reasons.

First open up a terminal/Konsole and type in “cd /home/your-place*/blender/blenderfolder**”

After that type ./blenderpublisher

Its should start running if not, it should give you reasons why it isnt running.

*This is were you put you name of your account. For example if I created a new account called Bob. A new folder in the home directory should appear called Bob, this is were you put your files.

**The name of the Blender folder.

There you go… :wink:

when i run blenderpublisher in the terminal (i use linux)
i get the error message

./blenderpublisher: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc+±libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

help

if you use ubuntu too and have no special knowledge about computers,
then use the ubuntu installer to install blender
and use the menu-entry to start it.
For ubuntu-10.04 there is blender-2.49 available, its for
example in the “software center” under “graphics” the “3D”
menu and there in the list it is called:
blender in the window

if not installed, install it. and start it from the created menu-entry
in graphics.

If you need a newer version, or special builds – you need some basic
knowledge … or you always might get the wrong version.

the thing is i want 2.25 because of its compatibility with GE tuts and examples

like i said:
You have to get some decent knowledge about Computer and Operating System!

Definitly the normal Ubuntu version cannot run this old Blender-2.25.
Like shown from your noted error-message about the missing libc-library !!
this libc-1.1 library is from around the year 2002.
The first ubuntu version was 4.01 (hehe, i still have the CD here … ),
but this is from 2004 and thats 2 years later …
I know for some times it was possible to install older libs to get old software running - software where one could not get the source to build a up-to-date version.
So you may need to go back to older linux distributions,
like SuSE or RedHat … or Debian - check the libc-version…

And - normaly someone would try such old versions running in an vm inside the current system -! but the setup of such a vm is nearly impossible for people with very less computer experience.

Btw. the blender-2.25 was the last commercial version, you need the keyfile to run it. Maybe it would … help to get the windows-version of this time and try to run this … for example in linux under wine (and wine is not something to drink!).