i don't like the soft textures at all ? how can i turn off "smoothing them"

Hi , i think it is a new Question

is there anyway to make them appear like squares non-filtered pixels

it is too impoortant :rolleyes: , … :smiley:

3DGURU

Attachments

You can try make bigger textures then it isn’t so big on the boot ? !!

I don’t think you can change the texture FILTER options in Blender.

I think it would be a good feature request to ask for texture filter options on individual textures like in Multigen’s Gamegen.

e.g. the boot has a point sampled texture

the chess board has a tri linear mip map texture

cheers

if you turn off mipmapping it should make everything nice and crisp.

hmm, mipmappying? huh. thanks… I always just make my textures sharper in a graphics program, then they are sharper in blender…

I think I would continue to do that, so I can have some fuzzy textures still…

This was my thought as well, but I tested it before I said anything and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Apparently mipmapping only applies to textures in the distance. This closeup blurring seems to be a different issue.

there is nothing to do with mipmap ! … please what is the solvant ? :frowning:

you need a bigger area on your UV map assigned to the boot, or a larger texture in general. I dont recommend anything over 512x512.

it looks like the UV mapping may have been skewed ,you might try to re-unwrap it.

In the game will the camera ever be that close to the boot anyway?

SHARPEN the image in photoshop or some other painting program…

Sharpen it to the extent you begin to see pixels… it works great! I did this for Rayna’s tatto on her neck.

This way you dont need to go to a bigger image, and can infact use a texture with many images on it.

Attachments

Tzugggkkk ! , seems that no one understands me … :eek:
ok here goes a picture

Attachments

People do understand you, 3DGURU. But they’re suggesting a solution which is not apparently what you want. What they’re suggesting is that you make a higher-res texture next time. What you really seem to want is to make the texture you have appear pixelated, but so far it appears that no one knows how to do that.

What you really seem to want is to make the texture you have appear pixelated
right , pixelated , exactly …
but it is possible for the OPENgl programmers ? right
ya , seems like i don’t want an alternative solution , like make bigger image .

Edit : - i will DLD your Game Tongiht :slight_smile:

Oh my goodness. its so easy…blahblahblahblah… just sharpen the image… that pixalates it…duh!

Just like in the image I posted… look how tiny it is, however when you zoom into it is pixalated, not blurrier… just the cat, nothing else…
In photo shop use sharpen, sharpen more, until you get what you want… if you take it too far, it gets funny looking…

ok 3d…im done… like always you have the answer before you but you dont know how to do it…

by the way 3d, how do you like my avatar now!

Oh my goodness. its so easy…blahblahblahblah… just sharpen the image… that pixalates it…duh!

Just like in the image I posted… look how tiny it is, however when you zoom into it is pixalated, not blurrier… just the cat, nothing else…
In photo shop use sharpen, sharpen more, until you get what you want… if you take it too far, it gets funny looking…

ok 3d…im done… like always you have the answer before you but you dont know how to do it…

by the way 3d, how do you like my avatar now!

ititrex , Excuse me but since your way will work , i will give a blend to you and you make it
(your trick will not work , !) ,
ok , can you do the trick with this Blend
i want it like the texture , sharp and with the same tex size (since you want to pixelate no resize)
sending blend
http://www.2shared.com/file/2336732/98445dc6/ititrx.html

Attachments

the image on the left was sharpend, just once… anymore and you loose the skin/fur because it is too sharp… the one on the right is sharpen edges about 3 times…

If you want just one part supper sharp, then cut it out, sharpen it and layer it back on the image…like I did above…

the image below isnt the best and it looks better in blender…I used my old relieable to do the screen prints and its really old softwar.

Attachments

he he he … what is this ? is it a new tex ? lol … anyways , thanks ititrex for trying to help .
i told you allready , the solvant is with the programmers not graphics editors …

Edit :- because blender automatically filters the tex for you , … they didn’t add the non-filtred option for the engine .

No dear its your texture… like I said you dont know how to do it… and you wont learn, here is another, but this time I changed it to 16 bits and 1024 x1024 and then sharpened it…

By the way, if you knew the answer, then why did you ask? lolololol

Attachments

You probably need a programmer to implement ‘realtime point sampled textures’

http://www.cnet.com/Resources/Info/Glossary/Terms/pointsample.html

No dear its your texture…

really ? … lol …

like I said you dont know how to do it… and you wont learn,

lol …

here is another, but this time I changed it to 16 bits and 1024 x1024 and then sharpened it…

wow , i’m really impressed ! it is so nice , a new tex … lol

By the way, if you knew the answer, then why did you ask? lolololol

i didn’t say that i know the answer , … but i saied that i know where , programming not graphics , (which means blender devloper not python coder)
like fobsta saied …,

You probably need a programmer to implement ‘realtime point sampled textures’

ok , but like who , … lagan Erwin or who … who would i PM ?
thanks guys

Well, Im pretty sure you wouldnt ask about it in the GE forum! You waste everyones time