I found two bugs in the file exporting

The first bug is with fbx. When exporting the animations are not getting recorded correctly. After importing the animations are distorted because not all the bones are translating as seen in the blender file.

The second bug is with the gltf and glb exporting. when exporting with animation sampling, only one animation is recorded for all actions. It depends on which animation was selected in blender before exporting.

The third bug is with gltf and glb exporting. Exporting the animations has something wrong with the curves. The animation keys are distorted somehow, not a good copy of what blender has. This happens without sampling.

0 Likes

(Don McCurdy) #2

It depends on which animation was selected in blender before exporting.

See the exporter documentation, you may need to push down each action to an NLA Track or Stashed Action on the object you want it to be exported with.

The animation keys are distorted somehow, not a good copy of what blender has. This happens without sampling.

Does it export correctly when you enable sampling? And if you update to the latest version of Blender 2.8, does anything improve? There have been several bug fixes in the past few weeks. If the problems are still occurring I’d suggest filing a bug on https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF-Blender-IO.

0 Likes

At the time of post, blender was updated for that day. With sampling turned off it distorts. With sampling turned on it has a different kind of distort. The fbx is also distorted. I will look at exporting in the manual, right now I need to rest.

0 Likes

I looked at the manual from the link you gave, then looked at the blend file. I found out the animations had automatically been stashed. I decided to try pushing them down. I ended up with the same distortion. If this bug is not specific too me, I can expect that it will be fixed by the time blender 2.8 is released.

0 Likes

I downloaded the alpha from the main webpage about 10minutes ago to test it out again. This time I noticed the circle icon now has changed in this version of blender.

The exporting and importing in blender of animations works great. It worked well for both glb and fbx. I only tested the files in blender. This bug was fixed sooner than I hoped it would.

Now I tested the fbx in blender 2.79b. It has that same distortion, seems the import function in 2.79b is too old. I tested the fbx file importing into unwrap3d, and the animations came out looking good.

I tried importing the gltf format into unwrap3d, the animations came out messed up. Not distorted, grimped, mutilated, pinched. And it didn’t move even though it had keys.

0 Likes