I hate grumpy ppl.

Ok i’ll try to make this as short as I can.
For my english final we had to write an essay and the topic was given the day we do it and we have like an hour and a half to do it, anyways the topic was “Write an essay about a challenging situation” THAT IS ALL THE INFORMATION GIVEN ABOUT HOW TO WRITE THE TEST.
So I choose to write the test about the test that I am writing about I prepared myself mentally and what I did beforehand, how I felt I did. Also I wrote the entire thing in satire(so pretty much I made fun of the test… but I did it very well written) so when I got my mark back I flunked it?! now the first thing I thought was W…T…F so I went to my english teacher and he said the guy who marked the test didn’t like how I didnt write seriously and didnt appreciate my sarcasm and humour…(another thing I got a big fat 0 on the test… yes I am dead serious) My english teacher thought the test was extremley well written and laughed threw most of it, he marked it for me and he came up with 92% but that mark doesnt count for anything because some grumpy old man down in Alberta decided he would be a jackass and completly screw over someones grade(the test is worth 50% of my total mark)
argggggggggggggggggggg needless to say I am very displeased at this.

What are your thoughts on this? I dont think it was marked fairly at all do you?
P.S I cant show the essay because I never get it back, its gone I guess…

Some people are just stupid, others are complete fools. Sounds like this guy is a complete fool, I wouldn’t let it slip by, try to contact someone high in your education department and tell them about it. Then keep bugging them until they do something about it. :wink:

Fight it. I can’t remember exactly how, but I think when I wrote my English Provincial, that I could contest the mark.

But don’t let the opportunity to do something about it pass.

Dude, I tried the same thing in high school. My teachers couldn’t stand smart asses. I’ve now come full circle (I think) and can’t stand them myself. If it was my test, I would have probably marked you low because it wasn’t a test on being satirical, and calling the test I set you a challenging situation a copout. I would have made you do it again, because I believed you could have done better.

Hey, don’t mess with grumpy people. We’re people too, you little bastards.

they noticed he was on to them, and they burned it.

.b

That is one of the reasons I never want to set foot in an ‘educational’ institution again. I wouldn’t worry about the grade unless it prevents you from doing a job you want to do. If you wanted to be an English teacher, it might be a problem but otherwise just forget about it.

Some of my teachers were assholes. One in particular didn’t like me because I could do Maths better than him and I was always correcting him. So when it came to test time, I was much more heavily marked down than others and despite the fact I still got an A, my teacher would try to make fun of me in front of class by saying that I didn’t get as good an A as other people - I would get 85% whereas someone else got 92% or something. Like I gave a sh*t.

Don’t let it get to you. It’s not fair but life isn’t fair. The sooner you get out of school and into the real world the better. At least you get paid to kiss ass.

we people were grumpy, are grumpy and will stay grumpy…
^
l
this sentence would sound funny if there would be typos in it…

You could get the man who evaluated your test fired. :wink:
(atleast that’s what I always do)

I think it is at least worth a challenge. Take it to a higher power in the system.

The worst thing that can happen is you keep the mark you originally got.

BgDM

“Write an essay about a challenging situation”

That’s a pretty crappy prompt (if you could even call it one).

I give it an F.

Theres nothing I can do about it, the marker is some educational guy down in Alberta and they dont sign what they mark so the marker would be unknown.

Dude, I tried the same thing in high school. My teachers couldn’t stand smart asses. I’ve now come full circle (I think) and can’t stand them myself. If it was my test, I would have probably marked you low because it wasn’t a test on being satirical, and calling the test I set you a challenging situation a copout. I would have made you do it again, because I believed you could have done better.

I wrote it about a challenging situation, it just happened to be written in satire, we were given no instructions on what type of writing they wanted.
I failed the class… but since my teacher liked my test I managed to pull a couple strings and advance to the next grade; my principal was pretty disgruntled over the whole thing and he sent in a report to the educational board and hasn’t been replied to yet… proably wont be since who the heck cares about a town with 20 000 people in it.
Oh well though as long as I know I should have got a good mark and I get to the next grade im fine I guess… F**K THE AUTHORITY!!

Hey basse did you hit the “Edit” button rather than the quote button by accident :stuck_out_tongue:

getting used to these new Moderator things? (he he he he)

No worries dude, i have done if before.

Alltaken

hehe, I did that once and then realized quickly what I did. I haven’t done it since. :stuck_out_tongue:

you noobs.

Wiggie, lick me! if you dare

Another anoying thing is when you have to write tests about something out the hell different than english (When it’s a english test).
I had to write about religion… RELIGION??? When the f*** did religion be a major part of the english language?

so i’m not the only one with English essay problems… I had (almost everyone in my class) something between a 2 and 5. On a scale from 1 to 10. So most people have to do the test again. But now I can’t improve my math mark, which was bad because I had just a bad day.

I better stop now, before making 10000 other spelling and grammar mistakes :stuck_out_tongue:

When I was in high school I wrote all of my essays in satire because I hated my teacher. She hated me back, but she gave me good grades because they were well-written and in hindsight I respect her for that, given your situation.

One of my buddy’s assignments was to “find a magical rock and write a poem about it.” Such a crazy woman.

i want that teacher buy me one for christmas!

Magic rocks are cool! Want one… now!